Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Your views on the Ion

oobermybeer

Uni Of Teesside Paintball
Feb 5, 2007
Middlesbrough
yeh, i agree with the last post fully, but the feed necks metal, and i had a re be in and it stock so hard that i twisted it the wrong way and broke the loc tighting haha :p

Suns

Apocalypse Paintball
Mar 16, 2006
Cambridge
ok sorry, that part maybe misleading....

Your brand new to the sport, not a lot of money, and you just got your new marker.... When you first take the marker apart, any marker for that matter it looks like ur worst nightmare and ur scared you might break something....

That make sense?

When I was new that was how it was... and I bet there are countless people out there that thought the same when they knew nothing.

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
ok sorry, that part maybe misleading....

Your brand new to the sport, not a lot of money, and you just got your new marker.... When you first take the marker apart, any marker for that matter it looks like ur worst nightmare and ur scared you might break something....

That make sense?

When I was new that was how it was... and I bet there are countless people out there that thought the same when they knew nothing.
Exactly that :) It wasn't the taking-apart that I worried about the first time taking a marker apart, it was how to put it back together again.

-Will

SwissTony

Pyrotechnic
Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Exactly that :) It wasn't the taking-apart that I worried about the first time taking a marker apart, it was how to put it back together again.

-Will
One of my mates got a DM and took it apart before he had even gassed it up for the first time.
Was a bit upset when he finally got it back together, gassed up and it wouldn't fire.
Silly clown put the eye wire in upside down.

speedbird_666

Old Skool Is Cool....
Feb 1, 2003
Bournemouth.
I disagree with NSKlad, Ion aren't that easy to maintain and take apart at all, especially compared to something like a Proto rail that's only £100 more.

A stock Ion will see you through at tournies (only just), but by the time you spend the ££ on upgrades, you're moving dangerously into another marker price bracket overall.

If you are desperate for a gun, and cash is tight, buy an Ion, but spend as little as possible upgrading it and save some cash for a better gun altogether(PMR ;) )

Timmys are the easiest guns in the world to strip down BTW, NSKlad is telling lies i tell you! (love ya Sam! ;) :D )

Polly

SoManc!
May 30, 2006
****ehole West Yorkshire
www.myspace.com
i was using an ion for my whole first season of tourneys, it fired paint at an acceptable rate without much trouble, fine for a starter gun. Then moved to ego5, then upgraded that to fook, now ill be getting an ego7 within the next couple of weeks :D