Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Z2 randomly turns on in the middle of the night

duncan0506

Co-Captain @ Din Eidyn
Nov 25, 2011
Edinburgh
Had my old faithful Z2 for a year now and the last few months have seen it randomly turn itself on even when the switch is in the "off" position. Happened in the middle of the night at CPPS, which led to the desolation of my pants as well as my team-mates...

Only way to stop it is to take the batteries out, when it's doing the whole "possessed" thing messing with the switch does nothing.

Could be related but sometimes the hopper won't turn on even wuith fresh batteries until I rub the batteries and/or disconnect/reconnect the battery pack.

Anyone experienced the same issues or recommends a fix? Taking it apart as we speak for a proper clean.

duncan0506

Co-Captain @ Din Eidyn
Nov 25, 2011
Edinburgh
Nothing recent that I can recall, the hopper's never been submerged although when I took it apart last night there was grass on the circuit board.

One particular blade of grass was lying across the contacts leading to the on/off toggle switch. Didn't even think grass could conduct like that...?

And no major breaks, some bits of shell lying around. The plug for the battery pack/motor/board was clean

WingNut

UK Redskins
Oct 31, 2003
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
I doubt grass would conduct, however, maybe wet / damp grass would be enough to create a short of some kind.

Leave it apart for a good 24hrs somewhere warm.

Then try it again.....