Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

05 Speed

L J

big big titties
im sure there has been a few threads about these, but none were really very specific as far as i could see...

what i really want to know is:

whats the weight like?
whats the efficiency like?
do the eyes work properly?
is the trigger easily adjustable?
does it have much kick?
will it need that new newton thingmy bob from evolve to reduce the kick if it has kick?

if anyone could, compare the weight to an alias timmy

cheers all
J:cool:

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
Weight: Should be about like a Fly
Efficiency: Uses the Fly engine, should be about like the Fly
Eyes: Also, same as the Fly
Trigger adjustment: External vernier wheels
Kick: Ever used a Fly? Should be the same

If you haven't gotten the overall jist, the 05 Speed is nothing more than a Fly without the integrated battery and LCD. It also has the new magnetic trigger system. It's been speculated that it's being released to clear out WDP's inventory of A4 bodies so that they can release something new in the coming future. Not sure if that has any validity, but it's the rumour.

L J

big big titties
Originally posted by dr.strangelove
Weight: Should be about like a Fly
Efficiency: Uses the Fly engine, should be about like the Fly
Eyes: Also, same as the Fly
Trigger adjustment: External vernier wheels
Kick: Ever used a Fly? Should be the same

If you haven't gotten the overall jist, the 05 Speed is nothing more than a Fly without the integrated battery and LCD. It also has the new magnetic trigger system. It's been speculated that it's being released to clear out WDP's inventory of A4 bodies so that they can release something new in the coming future. Not sure if that has any validity, but it's the rumour.

cheers
all ive heard about a new angel model is the 45 degree framed Fly

maybe ill wait a bit then

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Originally posted by L J
im sure there has been a few threads about these, but none were really very specific as far as i could see...

what i really want to know is:

whats the weight like?
whats the efficiency like?
do the eyes work properly?
is the trigger easily adjustable?
does it have much kick?
will it need that new newton thingmy bob from evolve to reduce the kick if it has kick?

if anyone could, compare the weight to an alias timmy

cheers all
J:cool:
One of the guys down my way, had a very nice timmy and has changed over to a speed 05. And he loves the speed compared to the timmy.

One of my teammates just picked one up from lps on saturday and already three more on the team (who have seen it) want one.

in answer to your questions:

weight: it is one of the lightest guns I have picked up , partly due to wdp taking out the big rechargeable battery pack and replacing with a 9 volt that seems to last very well.

efficiency: as with all the new generation angels is very good. You can expect to get 5 x 140 shot pots and a hopper full off of a 1.1 litre tank with a 3000psi fill and with a 4500 psi fill you can add another 3 to 4 pots to this.

eyes: these are the most reliable and best anti chop sytem i have come across the gun will simply not fire unless there is a ball in position and because it is a through beam system it has no trouble with different paint colours/ split shells etc. (a good test was when i put a revvy on the top and absolutely ripped on the trigger. the gun would not fire unless a ball was present and no chops because the break beam is at the bottom of the chamber.)

trigger: a work of art, machine bearing on the pivot point, no side play easy to walk and easily adjustable without taking the gun apart.

kick: it has very little kick and is stable even at high rates of fire.

Hope this helps.

ANDY:cool:

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Got mine coming tomorrow, couldn't resist it. With the advances made, it's got to be the best marker out there.

MattyMorgan69

old skool shocker user
Sep 26, 2004
Cardiff, Wales
Visit site
ive dry fired my friends one and the trigger i think is the best out there, im crapp with rate of fire and i cud hit 16+ no problems where my old record was with a ir3 at like 12bps.
I also love the leds at the bac and cud sit all day messing with the settings, the triggers easy to adjust with 2 or 3 turns on 2 little wheeles at the top of the trigger frame to tune it to just how suit you:D