Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

06 ego ?

bup23b

DEBORAH
Sep 29, 2005
NORTHUMBERLAND
Visit site
not much of a difference, the reg looks a bit dodgy, from a distance no one gona tell the 06 ego from the current ego, they so a like, unless the software has changed a great deal??
it might grow on me:D :D

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
I don't know why it gets such a drubbing on that thread. They have called it the Eg06 rather than Ego 2 or something as it's a refinement of the design for 2006 and from that point of view they have done exactly that.

I really like the new reg, the old one was a little too short, if this creates a bigger pocket of air it means existing owners can pick one up to add to their Ego (rather than having to sell their existing Ego for 10p on classifieds and get a whole new gun).

New stock trigger guard is better, integrated rail is better, all in all - great upgrades.

If you don't have an Ego but were considering one, this now makes it a more attractive proposition which is surely the point??

If you already have one it's not such a vastly different design that all the Planet fanboys will have to sell their existing one for peanuts just to get their hands on one.

Good for Planet I say!

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
green with black contrast would be cool :O)

agree with some other comments, glad it isnt a *total* departure that will make the old ego obsolete. good first time ego buy, but probably not enough (asthetically alone) to make me personaly go rushing to sell my 05 to get that one on the release day.

knowing PE im sure itll rock the socks off most people just like the last ego - any doubters of styling such as DM's soon overcome that when shooting one for instance.

Ram

Strikers For Ever!
Ugly i think. The first EGO was WOW. The nexus and xsv ego were something absolutely amazing, when you buy them you don't wanna use them - just hang on the wall, and on thew other hand you were anxious to use them. This one? The back reminds a bit of the ton ton impulse, which i don't like... so not a nice move about design. Also the reg looks nice, but like a bit too much. Kinda long a bit, and also too much engravements on it... just too much. The integrated star trigger frame i a great update.
Bottom line: That's the Planet Eclipse we come to know and love. I still prefer the Nexus/XSV Egos or a plain ego and upgrade it with a star trigger frame, which isn't that way needed.

Tricky

Retired Gun Whore
Jun 10, 2005
Past Caring!
www.jerseywarriors.co.uk
Just a quick question, what is the current obsession with green and black guns??...is it a secret desire to get back into the woods and don camo?

I just think they look drab and boring.

Just an opinion, feel free to agree/disagree or kill me.:D