Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

07 ego problemo (also posted in PE section)

Alex R

Fusion 141
Jul 15, 2006
North Yorkshire
As stated above, I'm having a touch of bother with my marker..... I last used it at sword and the rings in September, used it all day and was shooting shweeet! I took it home, cleaned it, cleaned the front reg and the LPR etc... put it back together and was still shooting as it should... I was wanting to use this as a back up for the CPPS on the 28th, so took it to my local site, where I work yesterday, aired it up and nothing happened, I had to release the air by loosening the velocity adjuster and so assumed the air was having a problem getting through the front reg, so I detached the reg, checked the shim stack etc and found no fault I re-attached the reg and re-aired and it started to leak not sure where from and didn't get chance to check as I was supposed to be marshaling although it was leaking the gun started to shoot again and chrono'd all ok. I have let a friend have a look but he won't have it till tomorrow and won't get to look at it till Saturday/Sunday.

But was looking for some ideas as to what it may be. The only thing I did different when cleaning was use some Vaseline to lube the oring on the front reg and LPR as per the instructions and with it been nearly -1.0c yesterday morning could the Vaseline be sticking? I'm thinking the LPR may be effected by the vaseline...

Any reassurance welcome as I don't fancy spending £100+ on a new noid in a worst case scenario

Thanks,

Al

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
did you try pushin the bolt forwards when it was aired up mate? it could be over pressuring and causing the leak.
if thats the case try replacing the LPR oring maybe :)

Alex R

Fusion 141
Jul 15, 2006
North Yorkshire
Yes mate, even with the bottle detached there seemed to be some resistance as when aired up, lets hope your right, I'd rather have the mick taken for not checking thance face a nice bill for repairs :D but I don't have at home at the moment so can't check, madtoxic is looking it over.

Alex R

Fusion 141
Jul 15, 2006
North Yorkshire
Alex remove the frame but keep the gun plumbed together and connect your air, handy for pinpointing leaks.
Cheers Sid, but I left it with Clarkie so that Chris could pick it up and take a look see, I've left him with my planet parts kit and some hosing.

I was just looking for ideas as to what it might be as it's never gone wrong on me, other than when some one decided to put a small piece of macro line in with the rammer so it wouldn't shoot... still haven't found out who the @55hole was.

Thanks for all the suggestions,

Al

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
Cheers Sid, but I left it with Clarkie so that Chris could pick it up and take a look see, I've left him with my planet parts kit and some hosing.

I was just looking for ideas as to what it might be as it's never gone wrong on me, other than when some one decided to put a small piece of macro line in with the rammer so it wouldn't shoot... still haven't found out who the @55hole was.

Thanks for all the suggestions,

Al
As long as Clarkie doesnt try and fix it you'll be ok mate. The macroline trick is one of my old favourites :)