Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

07 ego problemo

Alex R

Fusion 141
Jul 15, 2006
North Yorkshire
As stated above, I'm having a touch of bother with my marker..... I last used it at sword and the rings in September, used it all day and was shooting shweeet! I took it home, cleaned it, cleaned the front reg and the LPR etc... put it back together and was still shooting as it should... I was wanting to use this as a back up for the CPPS on the 28th, so took it to my local site, where I work yesterday, aired it up and nothing happened, I had to release the air by loosening the velocity adjuster and so assumed the air was having a problem getting through the front reg, so I detached the reg, checked the shim stack etc and found no fault :confused: I re-attached the reg and re-aired and it started to leak not sure where from and didn't get chance to check as I was supposed to be marshaling :rolleyes: although it was leaking the gun started to shoot again and chrono'd all ok. I have let a friend have a look but he won't have it till tomorrow and won't get to look at it till Saturday/Sunday.

But was looking for some ideas as to what it may be. The only thing I did different when cleaning was use some Vaseline to lube the oring on the front reg and LPR as per the instructions and with it been nearly -1.0c yesterday morning could the Vaseline be sticking? I'm thinking the LPR may be effected by the vaseline...

Any reassurance welcome as I don't fancy spending £100+ on a new noid in a worst case scenario

Thanks,

Al

Nicky T

Platinum Member
May 9, 2002
Bury, Lancashire
www.patreon.com
Hey Alex,

The marker not firing could be due to a number of different reason. Please check the following list (even if you think you already have or that the parts in question are okay):
- Check that you are using a GOOD QUALITY ALKALINE battery.
- Check that the solenoid is plugged into the circuit board.
- Check that when you pull the trigger, the trigger detection indicator is activated causing the solenoid to click
- Check that the valve guide is not back to front
- Check that the valve guide is not upside down
- Check that the bolt pin is located in the rammer
- Check that the diaphragm in the QEV is intact.

Let me know how you get on with all of the above :)

Nicky T

Alex R

Fusion 141
Jul 15, 2006
North Yorkshire
Thanks for the help Nicky, I'll post up the fault when this gets sorted.

The things I did check where the battery which was about 2/3ds full, but swapped with a new one to test, I'm using pro-cells.

When I pulled the trigger it was registering on the shot counter, but no discharge of air or paint, and yet the bolt had some resistance as it should when gassed up so I degassed it, checked that nothing was blocking the bolt or rammer and tried again but Nada...

So I removed the HPR checked it for any sign of blockage, the gun fired after I removed the HPR checked it and reattached it, thats when it started leaking, I was going to check the LPR but never got around to it before I handed it to my mate. Chris Smith is going to take a look tomorrow and if he can't sort it I'll send it to you guys at shop.

the leak seem to come from the circled area, a bit vague I know

Potter Loki

Mar 18, 2007
Essex
i had a problem when i had a disruption 7, which had the sl74 board, that it wouldnt fire becuase the solenoid was on the "low power" option, i changed it to high power and it fired just fine, i know you say yours now leaks but could be worth checking out....

Alex R

Fusion 141
Jul 15, 2006
North Yorkshire
Cheers for all the input, it's been fixed, was tried again, leaking from the s'noid, not sure what was done, just told it was fully stripped, cleaned and lubed and now no longer leaks? will need to speak to mi mate for full details, but it works so I'm now again happy, after saying that I've undoubtedly jinxed mi self

Thanks again for all the advice and suggestions,

Al