Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

09 GEO EGO thread

Ninja

Shooting for The Clan 09
Feb 27, 2007
that place near you
i dont mind spoolers, hell! i love them, the reason i loved my pm8, but sold it to fund the crazy marker, i just dont want it too be a spooler as itll get rid of the classic ego shape and image, is what i think.
If everyone thought like that the wheel would still be square!

cos dam did those square wheels look good

Tricky Dicky

Turks
May 9, 2008
Inverness
yeah but im not everyone ;)

and people have different views. what i said is what i think, smarty pants :p

also, it wouldnt be a wheel if it was square would it :rolleyes:

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
As i said, we all knew their would be a new Ego, as their has been the last 4 years. But the question is, are/have they made a spooler aswell!

James

Ninja

Shooting for The Clan 09
Feb 27, 2007
that place near you
probably would as we would'nt know any different.:rolleyes:

Was'nt directed just at you mate,just at the people who hate on spoolers who have never tried them and only hate them because there mates do!

The Dead Dodo

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2008
cornwall
never tried a spooler but arnt they ment to need a load more maintance compared to a popit? and its got macroline as you can see that coming of the bottom. hay how do we no some american hasnt just photoshoped this to wind everyone up and get everyone excited as it was found on pbnation?
will

Why are so many people happy it's not a spooler?:confused: I think that would be the best thing they could do! guess most of you have shot a spooler thats why your so negative to them? or you just following the crowd again!
Because it would be yet another spool valve gun indistinguishable from many other very similar guns.
Some of which are sold at quite a compettitive price point.

Planet are good at what they do, and they do what they are good at.

Thats not breaking the mould or pushing boundaries, its making a good quality gat thats designed from the point of view of a high level paintballer.

The spool valve design they patented (the one I saw had a part that moves opposite to the bolt, eliminating kick from the bolt cycle), wouldnt work so well in practice.
As it has extra weight, more energy used to move the bolt(s), more orings more cost and more complication than it needs to, for little benefit.

In order to keep the gun as reliable as the ego they would need the most simple blow forward design. Think eclipse ion.
Bad area to compete in IMO.

PS I love spool valve guns, i have 3.

Tricky Dicky

Turks
May 9, 2008
Inverness
it looks as if its a bit of the rocky design, i dont think its the macro line :confused:

and its ok, i know it wasnt just at me, alot of people do say they hate spoolers and never used them. it annoys me too. i just replied with my view lol :D