Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

1 of 1 Unique Gats???

Hello all,
As I seem to have a bit of time spare (rare these days thats why Im not on much) and I notice things get quiet sometimes, I have been looking around the for Sale threads on various forums. I have noticed that it seems there are hundreds and hundreds of 1 of 1 UNIQUE guns around at the moment.
So actually being a UNIQUE gun owner myself and probably having the only team in paintball with the largest collection of UNIQUE team guns thanks to our AWESOME sponsors, Planet Eclipse, what ACTUALLY is a UNIQUE or RARE gun???
Is it somkething that has actually been factory produced from source (like Eclipse doing ours for us and other players and teams?
or
Is it something that has been sent out from source ie: Eclipse, Dye, etc and then either been re-annoed or changed by parts kit by the owner?
Surely if its the 2nd option I could send any marker to be annoed and have a UNIQUE 1 of 1 marker and charge more money for i?. Failing that I could just swap a part or put a sticker on it and call it UNIQUE?
So what do you guys think?
Nige
(Unique EGO8 Owner :p)

Silky

-Relentless-
Aug 31, 2004
1 of 1 by definition means no other gat is the same as the one u have
be it produced from the factory or after market annod you wouldnt be lying if you sold either on the forum and said it was 1 of 1.

like ya say tho you could take any marker, get a design on it and bosh its 1 of 1 :)

Codiak

GWC 2010 #23
Dec 2, 2004
Newcastle
www.codiak.co.uk
I say any rare marker be it 1 of 1 or even 1 of 100 is from the factory, as they are the ones who have the records to prove it's rarity.

with the exception of custom shops, be it CK, Sloth, ODD etc, where they purchased a set number of markers and produced them in their own limited number design.

myself, Im a rare ego owner, not a unique one like you Nige!

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Gone are the days when RARE guns had performance advantages or trick bits from the factory. Even now, and no disrespect is meant by this, pro team guns are pretty much identical to what you get off the shelf but with a fancy colour scheme or shiny tattoo on there.

I say any rare marker be it 1 of 1 or even 1 of 100 is from the factory, as they are the ones who have the records to prove it's rarity.

with the exception of custom shops, be it CK, Sloth, ODD etc, where they purchased a set number of markers and produced them in their own limited number design.

myself, Im a rare ego owner, not a unique one like you Nige!
Lol!
Something to chat about over coffee next year when I get about a bit more, my shout of course mate :)
Nige

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Unique means one of a kind whether factory or custom - i.e. one off special - spreadz07 Ego
Rare is very limited edition whether factory or custom - i.e. Actually team owned markers - Clan Ego or A4 Grello
Custom editions are special versions based on the standard marker range - i.e. Rasta A1 Fly

Note:- Actually team markers made specifically to be used by the team would be classed as rare whilst the retail version would be classed as custom. eg Nexus DM9,
Disruption 09 Ego & Stockholm Joy A1 Fly - The main issue though is knowing which is the team and which is the factory copy

DJForbes

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2009
petitions.number10.gov.uk
well. to me. i think i see it as something the company itself puts out. that way it is tracable as diffrent back to the original source.

like sum1 else has said a truley unique would be to have a better gun than standard issue. guess with every company pushing there best as best that will be something difficult to get.

ill stick to my ego sl94 1 of 25

not exactly 1 of 1 tho :(

quick addition.

a non factory unique is still worth more than a standard one. my recent enquires shows this costs alot to change the paintwork. however changing the insides will only give you what everyone else has access to so i cant see changing anything in there making much a diffrence