Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

11th of november

Bryan leaver

burger,chips and beer
May 29, 2007
reigate
www.maidenheadtrauma.co.uk
does anybody remember whats special about the 11th of november?

The reason I ask is because I was selling poppy’s in the local shopping center today in uniform along side a couple of old lads from the British legion and some army cadets from local units. When I asked these lads in there late teens if they would they like a poppy they had to ask me what the poppy’s where for as they didn’t know about remembrance day.

Tricky Dicky

Turks
May 9, 2008
Inverness
the great war, where millions of our country men died for us, nobody should forget.

please nobody make any silly comments or jokes about what the day is, its irrespectible for all the men who died, and anybody doing so should be ashamed. :(

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
the great war, where millions of our country men died for us, nobody should forget.

please nobody make any silly comments or jokes about what the day is, its irrespectible for all the men who died, and anybody doing so should be ashamed. :(
Well it was the armistice day originally, however now it symbolises the sacrifice of all men and women of all countries who have died in conflict throughout the years.

BL it would be a crying shame more people don't understand, but perhaps it was an ignoble few who couldn't tell you. There are a lot of young people with the knowledge and the respect, and quite rightly too.

jitsuwarrior

Old Baller, getting older
Jun 14, 2007
Northern England
Armistice Day It will always be Armistice day, rememberence day is slightly different

Rememberence day is the nearest Sunday (this year the 9th Nov) when about 85% of the troops, sailors and other serviceman will mark the day with a parade and a piss up. The troops will wheel out any old pensioners that have served and get them drunk for free to hear their war stories.

On Armistice Day we will remember ALL Fallen troops from every service from every country. Including our friends, colleagues or strangers, but especially our enemies.

It may sound weird but we will remember them, it allows us to remember why we have the freedom of speech, why Asylum seekers look to our country as the place to come. No matter how much people may bitch and whinge, we will still fight to give them the freedom to bitch and whinge.

Hope I have made this clear without offending anyone. I for one will be laying a wreath to remember some fallen friends, I am one of the unlucky ones, I am still here after serving in Kosovo, Bosnia, Sierra Leonne, Afghanistan and Ireland.

I hope no one takes offence but I would love to think that all paintballers will take two minutes of their time to remember why all servicemen give their lives even when they have children and other loved ones back at home.