Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

$1200, What should I buy?

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
Eclipse Impulse

Had no bother at all with my Eclipse Impy, just goes and goes. Had nowt but bother though with my Eclipse Cocker, was more like a blender than a marker.

Nearly everyone that plays at the site I do own Impulses of one kind or another, from Eclipses, Voodoos', stock vision and non vision. There like any other marker out there though, they do sometimes go wrong (not mine but other people I know) but a lot of these problems are caused by upgrades not being setup 100% properly, like sticking triggers etc.

If you go for a Voodoo, Eclipse or any other custom Impy there is no real reason to upgrade it, as what you spend your cash on won't see a great deal of return in performance, least not in my opinion :)

Dave

Dragons' Frontguy

Bling Bling..
Feb 17, 2003
Aalborg Denmark
www.teamdragons.dk
It´s hard to tell what kind of kit you would like - To get most bang for your buck, look at Impulse - They rock, and are so affordable even fully tricked out versions... You should go for known custom versions

Hopper-wise - WPG just rated Evolution II as best buy, compared to Halo B and Revolution w/x-board. The Y-board for the Evo will make it Feed 22 bps!!!

If I was to buy, I would try and get my hands on a 2003 Angel LCD Limited Edition, E-blade Cocker, Impulse or Wait for the new Shocker...

shamu

Tonight we dine in hell
Apr 17, 2002
Now-Cal
Like others have said, it depends on what's comfortable to you. If it was my money, these are the markers I'd look at...

1. AKA Viking or Excal. Good trigger, easy to adjust. Fast as heck (now that the BPS cap has been removed). Extremely reliable. Low pressure operation so it doesn't need an eye. Good support from AKA and simple to fix if anything goes wrong. Doesn't need upgrading. Fairly unique. Unlike Angels or Impulses, you won't see 10 other people with them at the field. Downside is they're not real bling-bling flashy.

2. Oracle E-class. Fast, fancy, accurate, anti-chop eye, high bling-bling rating. Downsides would be they're higher maintenance and kinda pricey.

3. X-mag. Haven't tried one yet but they look good. Fast as fock, lighter than the old E-mags, nice trigger (based on my old E-mag), no breaks with the Level 10 upgrade (don't know if it comes stock on the X-mag). Good bling rating.

4. Custom Impulse. While personally not a big Impulse fan, some of the custom versions look very nice. Adrenalin, Eclipse, Voodoo, Strange - lots to choose from. Anti-chop eye is nice too. You do see a lot of Impulses out there, so the uniqueness factor is going to be low.

Whatever you get, make sure you know how to take care of it. I always recommend checking local shops first. You can get a better feel for it and take it back if you have any problems.

Then get a good hopper (Evo II or Halo B) and some good barrels. Boomsticks are good, and I've been really liking my new Ultralite, or one of the multi-bore sets (Freak, Pipe, etc.).

Edit: Almost forgot... make sure you have a good air system to power your new love child. A great gun with a poor air system isn't going to perform that well and you're going to end up disappointed.

crazypbkid

team driven black
Apr 23, 2002
va
Visit site
Intimidators are amazing, There soooooooooooo fast its unbelievable. They come in lots of pretty colors and you dont really need any upgrades for them besides maybe a wasp board.
Vikings and excaliburs are also very nice. There fast and so consistant that you can shoot these perfectly straight strings of paint. The gas efficency is probly the best i've ever seen on any marker. To rap it all up they are very reliable.