Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

15 Man Tournaments

Jinxy

A Full On Paintballer :@)
Feb 11, 2002
Northampton - England
www.sadworld.co.uk
I found this article is an old paintball magazine. It was dated July 93; it was on about a 15 man tournament.

Now I have played some 10 man games but I have never played a 15 man game. :confused:

If anyone has ever played such a game, please let us know what you thought about it.

FOR THOSE OUT THEIR, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MIDLAND MASTERS – SO DON’T START THAT S**T AGAIN!! :mad:

Look forward to hearing from someone. :D

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Hi Jinxy

In the olden days, when even people like me & Robbo were young, nearly all tournaments were 15 man. Played in the woods of course, with 25-30 minute games. They were much slower affairs than even today's woodland events, but bear in mind the kit being used - pumps like the Black Widow with 12 gram CO2 cartridges & 10 shot stick feeds. Games started to go to 10 or 12 man with the advent of advanced technology like the Stirling pump & the 12oz CO2 bottle, and real hoppers that took around 100 balls.
The games were much more stealth aligned and as I said above tended to be played at a much slower pace.

One of the main reasons for the decline in big teams was trying to get a big enough squad together for tourneys, 10 man was much easier to match diaries. Tourneys only really went to 7 man teams when concept fields like Hyperball & Sup'Air started to be played more, though there were a few novice tourneys that were 7 man about 8-9 years ago - novice teams find it harder to get big squads together due to the cost of playing.