The Home Of European Paintball

19 bps semi Viking

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by L1f3
It says on that link Paul its an excalibur firing at 14bps... yet on both the top and bottom readings there both 13 ;)
It does, how odd!:confused:

Fresh batterys were used in the Halo the next day results were said to be a lot better, no vids though I'm afraid :(

Paul
:)

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
Not nit picking here (have tried a Viking and it rocks)... but the viking is shown there with readings of 19bps, and then the Excalibur @ 13bps. So what is the difference other than open and closed bolt that warrants the Excal to be about double the price of a Viking??!! :confused:

Just wondering because it seems a bit strange if from people testing them both the cheaper marker fires @ a higher ROF :)

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
You been using that Palm I sold you Ben to program your max ROF :D tsk

Only kidding mate... notice though that 19bps isn't with the Rock :) could not get past 15 with the Dark meself, but my fingers ain't the fastest in the world...

Dave

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
The shot counter only reads the fastest 2 shots in a string I believe, sorry but lcd readouts don't mean anything here vids only with sound analysis! :p

The difference is that its closed bolt :D lol naa the excalibur is smoother shooting, neither have kick but the excal is well ... hard to describe you need to shoot it!
Closed bolt is always gonna be slower by nature of operation. They are sweet though!

Paul

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by L1f3
It says on that link Paul its an excalibur firing at 14bps... yet on both the top and bottom readings there both 13 ;)
Right asked that question, the reply I got was

"I said ~14 which is about, is you look right before the begining its almost a spike and in the end its almost a spike too...so about 14 is close enough to right."

Paul

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Was only fooling around chaps, that was a pic some bloke had put up in another forum...

Paul, if what you said about it measuring 2 shots in a string - how does it get to 19bps?
Is it suggesting that if you continued tapping away at that rate for the rest of the second you would potentially be hitting 19bps?

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Benfrain
Was only fooling around chaps, that was a pic some bloke had put up in another forum...

Paul, if what you said about it measuring 2 shots in a string - how does it get to 19bps?
Is it suggesting that if you continued tapping away at that rate for the rest of the second you would potentially be hitting 19bps?
I'm not sure entirely, I think so but if that was the case if you jsut pulled it twice in a second but those 2 pulls were 1/20th apart what would it read??

**** I've gone cross eyed....:(

Paul

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Well that's what I thought, so it must be fairly accurate?

Probably measures how many times the switch is activated during a second? I've got my IR3 upto 16 once but it's usually around 12, which seems about right...