Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

2 Questions for my Spyder. Help!

Goz

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I have 2 Questions that I have been trying hard to find the answers to. Plz help me!

My gun: New Spyder Electra

Q1: Do I need an anti-syphon tube with this gun or does this gun already have something to prevent liquid CO2 from getting into the gun?

Q2: I am looking at buying an Dye Ironman Boomstick Barrel. Should I get it in 14" or 16"??? I was thinking of getting the 14" because its shorter and you can play your shots better. But i was thinking of getting the 16" because spyders aren't that accurate and it would help my accuracy.
Could someone please tell me thier thoughts on which is the better buy?

Thankyou,
Goz

evil sharks matt

JUST DO IT _/
Jan 6, 2003
X
ok mate

1 - yes u need anti syphon

2 - Boomys are good barrels, but it is a misconception that the longer the barrel the better the accuarcy, I believe that its been proven that barrels dont get any more accuarte after 14", so id go for the 14" mate

Goz

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Thx for your reply I will take your advice.

Can anyone else post here just to reassure me that he is right about that stuff? Because I don't want to spend $100 on a less accurate barrel or be wrong about the anti-syphon thing. Just double checking before I take action...

Thx
Goz

ericostani

Mar 9, 2003
surrey
Visit site
yep thats right

most guns need anti siphon anyway now, but definately the spyder electra, and 16" in my opinion is too long, especially on a spyder where the barrel starts quite far forward anyway, and you can get very good accuracy from a 12" boomstick!

Y2chris99

pbnation 4 lyfe
May 2, 2002
Norbook Massive
Visit site
Dont no if it was said prob was but yea u need a anti siphon bottle mate.

Barrel totally depends on you fronts can get away with 10,12. But some front players like using 14 and 16 you can still get tight.

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
yep thats right

Originally posted by ericostani
16" in my opinion is too long
No matey, i play front with a 16" DYE Ultralite and its so much better than a shorter length. You can move barricades with the end of the barrel on Sup air fields and the increased length gives greater accuracy.

I would get an Ultralite because as the name suggests they are really light and dont add extra weight to the gun.

Sam