Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

2013 MEGA M Upgrade

Pandamonium

Oct 10, 2012
its near enough a bouncy castle. at least it should be interesting to play around

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
bloody hell i didn't realise it was just 'strapped' on (lol), i thought it was going to be one solid inflatable with an empty slot in the middle for the existing middle M leg to go through the middle of.

I like it in the sense that it will definitely block off more lanes regardless of how it is orientated and no matter where on the field. This should mean more teams making moves rather than sitting back behind their guns so ultimately a smaller paint bill (bad for the industry?).
Bad in the sense that its such a large structure capable of offering protection from any side (unlike the old M which could leave you exposed if playing from it) it could become very dominant and risks the rest of the field being used a lot less. obviously supair will have put this through testing and decided that there it plays well enough to justify making it.

...or they just want even more money off of field owners this year instead!

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
I like it in the sense that it will definitely block off more lanes regardless of how it is orientated and no matter where on the field. This should mean more teams making moves rather than sitting back behind their guns so ultimately a smaller paint bill (bad for the industry?).
Bad in the sense that its such a large structure capable of offering protection from any side (unlike the old M which could leave you exposed if playing from it) it could become very dominant and risks the rest of the field being used a lot less. obviously supair will have put this through testing and decided that there it plays well enough to justify making it.

...or they just want even more money off of field owners this year instead!
It will block more OTB shooting opportunities, but will it promote movement? That kinda depends on the rest of the layout, with this monsta dominating the centre/some point on the 50, it may well block cross field shots, so hindering movement and getting players involved in gun battles up and down one side of the field or both. I'm sure it was tested and approved, just like the "Technical Snake" upgrade last year ;) Yes, of course it is a money making exercise from Sup'Air, with the PSP upgrade you could just drag some bunkers off another field to make up the 2013 field.

I also wonder how many more bounces (inside and outside the netting) this will create. Mostly though, the M had a classic simplicity, this is just outright OGLY!

Reactions: Liam92

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
It will block more OTB shooting opportunities, but will it promote movement? That kinda depends on the rest of the layout, with this monsta dominating the centre/some point on the 50, it may well block cross field shots, so hindering movement and getting players involved in gun battles up and down one side of the field or both. I'm sure it was tested and approved, just like the "Technical Snake" upgrade last year ;) Yes, of course it is a money making exercise from Sup'Air, with the PSP upgrade you could just drag some bunkers off another field to make up the 2013 field.

I also wonder how many more bounces (inside and outside the netting) this will create. Mostly though, the M had a classic simplicity, this is just outright OGLY!
yeah for sure if the fields are planned well it shouldn't be a problem but in a more general sense i suppose less lanes must surely equal more moves to some extent. gun fights on the tape as always will depend on how they place the outside bunkers.
wholeheartedly agree that it sort of ruins the simplicity.