Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

2nd gun?

Stunt4Life

Thousand Dollar Ion
Nov 19, 2005
Pennsylvania
Visit site
Sup peeps, theres a 95% chance im gonna get the new spyder electra and run a qloader through it, not that im able to shoot that fast but if the gun is able to do more then 30bps and the qloader more than 30bps then theoreically if i could pull the trigger fast enough i could shoot 30bps right?
And do i have to run a n2 tank to shoot that fast?

ohh and could some one please resize this pic as my avaitar?

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
You wouldn't need to use HPA, but if you used CO2, you would definitely want to use an anti-siphon line in the tank. You might also want gloves. That CO2 tank would get very very cold shooting anywhere near that fast. It might or might not cause the gun not to work... I know some guns deal with getting cold pretty well, but others would crap out once the liquid CO2 works up into it.

Stunt4Life

Thousand Dollar Ion
Nov 19, 2005
Pennsylvania
Visit site
Whats an "antisiphion line"? and if it freezes up my gun will it be permant damage or will i just have to waituntill iit thaws or anthing?

Whats the worst thing that could happen if i dont use an anti syphion?
I usd to have a stock 98 custom.

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
An anti-siphon is a tube that is set up inside your tank. Under high pressure, as you probably know, CO2 takes on a liquid phase. Anti siphon lines are oriented for a specific bottomline so that when the tank is on the gun, and the gun is upright, the open end of the tube is out of the liquid part of the CO2 in the tank.

I doubt that freezing up the gun would do any permanent damage, although it could cause orings to swell, which could then be chipped by the parts that move around them. So damage, yes; permanent damage, no... orings are cheap, and they wear out anyway, after long enough.

When you shoot with CO2, the liquid CO2 must expand into a gas (for most guns). For a liquid to turn into a gas, it has to get heat from somewhere, in this case the walls of a tank. That's why you get frost on the outside. That's why if you shoot fast enough with CO2, you will generally get lower FPS after a while... there is less heat in the walls of your tank, so it is more difficult for the liquid to turn into a gas at a high enough rate to have readily availble CO2 gas in the valve. In some cases, the CO2 will condense into a liquid again or liquid will be drawn into the gun. This is very bad for consistent velocity. It also could cause the gun to seize from swollen orings (the CO2 will get into the urethane) and contracting metal.

Anyway- you probably won't have any major problems shooting CO2 except on cold days, or if you are likely to rip on the trigger for a while. I know back in the day I could shoot a slide frame cocker fast enough to get a fair bit of frost on the front of the body, so it doesn't take all that high a rof, just a sustained rope of paint. You'll get by, but switch when you can, I say.

no-infernomark

I think therefore I am.
Sep 19, 2005
Kettering
most spyders word real well on co2 my fenix shoots fast granted not as fats as alot of guns but it goes alot for along time(until hopper empty) and it gets cold and forms a lovely white ish colour but it works, you might have few problems with o-rings but probaly bout it!

Stunt4Life

Thousand Dollar Ion
Nov 19, 2005
Pennsylvania
Visit site
ok looks like im gonna get a nitrogen tank because im gonna play this winter outside and im gonna be shooting fast, plus i dont want to take any chances of freezing my gunup in a game.

Thanks

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
What is an O2 tank? An oxygen tank? No body uses that in paintball.

There are nitrogen tanks, which are the same as high pressure air tanks, which are sometimes called N2 or HPA. They are available in 3000 psi and 4500psi versions. There are also different sizes, like .8 liter and 1.1 liter.

Then there are CO2 or carbon dioxide tanks. They are available in 7, 9, 12, 16, and 20 once sizes.