Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

700-800 quid to spend

Jul 27, 2001
Slutton Surrey
Visit site
How should i spend around 700 quid on a NEW marker
:confused:

i have a hopper and a 20oz bottle but i really want to run air.

After using a eclipse cocker at the weekend and watching the rushers with their impulses i cannot deciede between a impulse or a custom cocker like a standard shocktech or the freeflow:confused:

what would u buy?

i play front so weight is a big issue plus i dont need any more then 500 shots from a 1.1 at 3000psi so being a gas hog is not a problem:D

Dave S ECI

ECI + HFT
Jul 17, 2001
53rd and 3rd
Visit site
get the eclipse over any other type of cocker.

i would not go for the impy,

try a bushy and u can get ACE for that

or an angel, try an LED u can get it modded to work as well as the LCD.

Modular e mag 925 but will come with ACE as stock soon.

booga

Arthritic Pirate
i think we've discovered a problem here.
there are just to many good quality guns out there to choose from, each of them has their plus points but without trying them all personally (not just firing on a range but actually playing with them) you're never going to know which is right for you.

you'll probably get a lot of opinions on this some will be personal preference, some will be out of loyalty to sponsors.
listen to them all then just go try for yourself.
if it helps you at all you're welcome to take my eclipse cocker/impulse for a spin.

Dave S ECI

ECI + HFT
Jul 17, 2001
53rd and 3rd
Visit site
SAGE advice Booga the most important thing in a gun is how it ergomically fits you, how u hold it. For instance the length of you arms, distance from shoulder to eye will affect your opinions on what works and what doesn't.

most importantly don't set your gun up and think it works well when standing cos in paintball u r goin to have to get deep down and dirty at times and that long drop u just put on there may well be awkward when 6 inches off the floor, as such i would say get a small drop cos then it is easier to shoot from a kneeling position. Also be aware if any part of your body is stressed by the position it forces u to plaay in such as wrist elbow etc.etc.

james adkin

myspace.com/londontigers
Jul 14, 2001
www.myspace.com
My gun

So you liked the eclsipe i had then tom,

Well next time A Few Good Men are down there i will ask them if you can fire their cockers they got the Blade triggers which make them quick as ****.

Jamie:D :D :D

My few get a cocker mate, just dont ask me to fix it

Jul 27, 2001
Slutton Surrey
Visit site
The matrix is a **** hot marker but maybe a little pricey:( plus a little heavy.

I used a eclipse cocker at the temple on sunday (First time i have every used a cocker) and found the trigger incredable smooth and very easy to shoot and at high speed also the marker was very nicely balanced althought the armaggeddon 1.1 on a eclipse short drop forward made it a little long for me i would go 4 a longer drop plus it was very light marker. I found the accuracy very good slightly better then my shocker but maybe lacking in range which may have been down to the barrel:confused:.

Now i have yet to use a impulse and am only going on what i have seen from watching the rushers but they look impressive plus i think smartparts offer quality equipment and service:D and yes i would like to play a game with one before spending money and may try and borrow one next time im at training i think one of the young guns has one

:confused: