Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A 5- is it worth it?

Skillet007

May 13, 2004
Alabama
Visit site
I was wondering if the Tippmann A-5 was worth it. Right now I have a Tippmann Pro/carbine but I want to have a more efficient gun and one that I can at least upgrade!:D But what are the "downs" and "ups" for it? For instance how does it do in all kinds of weather and how good does it do on C02?

Help me please!

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
I have a few friends who use them here in the UK and they seem to stand up well to the British weather. ( Even seen one out in the sun this year :D ).
Never been a real fan, but I must admit they are a very good woodland marker.
Works equally well on CO2, which is the preferred rec ball propellant over here

ruthlessp8ntballer

You And Your ****ing Rope
Oct 10, 2003
United States......BITCHES!
Stock barrel is crap, make sure to change it. Get N2, CO2 will work, but its more accurate with that constant air. The Cyclone feed is awesome, eliminates need for electro hoppers, and leaves extra cash to spend on other things. Go with atleast an RT, or the E-Grip. Get a stock, very useful for aiming, also check out these sick mil-sim Kits that are available. Nice. Anyway, good gun overall, wont let you down, easy to maintain, and an overall good starter marker. PM me with any questions.

P

Paintball Paladin

I used to own an A5 with the RT (Response Trigger). In Hindsight I would have got the E grip instead as it is only an extra 60 quid and is much better.

sweet marker. Never let me down. In cold weather it does behave a bit funny if your blasting the paint out. My Hopper stopped feeding because the CO2 had got a bit cold.

Gave it a five minute rest and off I was again. I did blast about 600 paint out though in about 10 mins

It did also behave a little funny when I put it on air. The response trigger was bouncing all over the place. Sold it to a team mate not too long ago.

My brother is using one at the moment also. He might be interesting in selling it. His hasn't got any fancy grip on it but does come with a 14" rifled barrell. He can throw in a near new CO2 bottle with anti syphon and on off valve. He can probably let you have it at a good price and then you can buy the egrip in your own time.

If your interested pm me and I wont put it on the classifieds.

The cyclone feed is cool as mentioned above. It is surprisingly light compared to tourney markers and its a doddle to maintain

enjoy