Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A few questions from a starter

Rebelsniper

**** Name!!!
Apr 29, 2002
Leicester, England
Visit site
Hey guys, im a 15 year old lad from england and ive recently got into paintball and love it with all my heart, ive landed myself a part time job at a local site and just want some little questions answered!
What is a good 1st gun?(i mean very 1st gun!) ive been looking at the Kingman Spyder is that a good 1 for starting?
I really like the Dye InVision goggles but is it worth paying out that much(aroun £50/$80) for a pair?
any tips for a starter player would be great!
Thanks for all you help!

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Yeah, the Spyder is apretty decent starter marker, although there are numerous like it in the same price range.
A piece of advice I'd like to give you is don't try to save any money by going for the cheap goggles!
Get good goggles that are comfy, and most importantly, thermals (meaning they don't fog over). They are without competition the most important piece of gear that you'll ver buy!
All of a sudden $80 ain't so much then, is it?:)

Billteamdirt

Apr 15, 2002
Not sure never been there
Visit site
I generally recommend that when picking a marker to use, if you do not already have a favorite that you want, then just go with the most common marker in your area. i.e. if 50 people in your area use infernos and wear JT flex goggles, and only one person has a spyder and wears Dye then go the inferno/flex route.... this way not only will you most likely be able to test out the marker before you buy you will also have a greater chance of there being someone able to repair your marker when/if it goes south on you with repair parts availble and what not.....

hi sparkllie here welcome to us and glad you got hooked lol;)

I would agree to all of the above if you can try on a few diffrent goggles and get the most comftable and just don't even think about non thermal. You get what you pay for. If money is tight look out for sales they do happen:D

starter gun........ Yup as a site running spyders I feel qulaified to coment. They are not the most basic marker out there. Infernos are far simpler:) They are good reliable marker although parts can be a problem and they get really stroppy and do all manner of strange things when over oiled:(
If you do go spyder always keep spare cup seals. If it goes end of game. Easy enought to tell if it rattles when you shake it it's gone. Kingman should now have the paris branch open but spares can be a pain but more so in larger numbers. Good luck try before you buy if your local feild don't have a large walk on group then mabey try a site that does walk on and ask very nicley to try a few most ballers will say yes even if only in a firing range. It will give you a better idear.

peace love hugs and cookies

sparkile

Rebelsniper

**** Name!!!
Apr 29, 2002
Leicester, England
Visit site
thanks guys this really helps! ill take the advise, especialy about the goggles! Thermal it is! so what is everyones faveourite gun and how much? P.S does anyone know a good site for cheap equipment?:D

CROOKED-POPO

***ud father
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
You can go to pbreview.com and get competitive pricing as well as reviews of different markers. I bought a Spyder Xtra as a backup and it has been a solid marker that has performed well. It is all my brother shoots and he's never had a problem other than replacing the stock striker spring.

beaco2k

Apr 11, 2002
e.anglia
Visit site
i have just recently brought spyder e-99 and i am well impressed,a few of my team m8's have got these markers and they r glad they have invested in a spyder.
as for goggles go thermal m8 u will notice the difference.:cool:

420dankdawg

Team Valkyr
Apr 26, 2002
Arizona, USA
well... a good beginner/intermediate marker is a tippmann 98 custom, which can be almost fully customized, so when you outgrow the beginner stage you can change it. that is the marker i primarily use. price? hovering at around $125, and the site i find the most deals on, and where i got this marker is paintballgear.com if you get this, change the barrel to a j&j ceramic and i heard mako is good too? buy whatever works for you