Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A Tale from training

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
I was training at Temple last week and i feel i should apologise to the kid a shot. I will set the scene....i was in behind a lay down in the middle of the field with four oppo against me and a team mate who was behind the back left stand up. i was crossing over trying to check the run of the two player si knew to be in the snake. I saw the hopper of one of them and shot him out with one shot...which i admit was probably a fairly lucky shot as it was only the second time i had ever played supair ( the first time being 10 mins earlier!!!!)....so he was out and then i saw a guy running to the wingnut and shot him out.,.....so it is now 2 on 2. Anyway..the two oppo moved up and on came to stand right next to my bunker on the right hand side, i saw him and thought i was going to be mugged!!!! so i qiuckly turned and shot him on the Knuckles, (twice) and on the mask (twice), then i was shot out on my foot from the right as i looked left. So back in the deadzone i noticed that the guy who i had mugged from a sitting position was a small boy of no more than 11 or 12!!!!!!!!! As if this wasnt bad enough that i had shot him to s@#t, he was bleeding from the hand.....AND i turned out that he HADNT EVEN SEEN ME!!! he thought that there was only one player left behind the stand up and he was waiting for him to pop out, imagine his suprise when i leapt up and wasted him!!!!!!! It made me wonder if there was a minimum age for tourney paintball?????and would you guys feel guilty or stop if you knew that the one you were going to take out was only 12????? would anyone have done differently????? if he is reading this, then Billy .... (the son of the owner of smartparts i think, as it was a combo of Ecstacy and Backlash we were training against)........i am sorry

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
Sam

I have know Billy Webb, and his family, for quite a number of years now and know that paintball is all he wants to do.

He has played in the two on two at Campaign cup last year (winning one game on his own after Jimmy 'the sponge' Martin got shot out).

He has played several tournaments with the support and blessing of Phil and Belinda - if they had a problem you would have known about it at the time!!!;) They feel that he should be treated the same as everyone else BUT take into account that over agressive play isnt necessary on a kid of his age (and in fact on anyone!!)

What I am saying is that Billy knows what he's in for, doesnt like getting shot like everyone, but accepts it!!!

If I was in your position, but knew it was a 12 year old playing, I would shoot him just the same - he can shoot his gun just the same as you can!!!!

And watch out for him in the future - he's going to be very very good - oh and the Rushers have first refusal!!

Mark

ps I wasnt there and havent spoken to the Webbs about this - so this is my opinion/experience. They may still have a contract out on you!!!

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
cheers mark, i wasnt overly aggressive but even so i felt slightly bad after, he did play well for the rest of the day, and would have tried to mug me again save for us both being on the same team after that! Thinking that he would have mugged me if he knew i was there makes me feel better though, it was either him or me, and i was gonna do my best to make sure it wasnt me!!!!!:D :D

T

Tommy Gun-Nexus

Yeh dont worry bout it dude. Billy was ok afterwards... He may only be 9 yrs old but he can sure play some hardcore ball.

Im sure hell get his revenge sometime ;)

L8trz mate

Tom

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Tom

hey bud!! hows it going? off to Toulouse? i guess i have some pretty big shoes to fill as the new front player for the knights!!! Any tips.....? other than avoiding being humped and bit@h slapped by Kyle!!!!!:D :D When are you next playing at Temple? i have to get revenge on you after yo u shot my ankle after i took out how many of your team??? (granted one was probably a lucky shot!!!!!!!!!!) I gotta learn how to shoot straight first shot!!!:cool: :cool:

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Tom

hey bud!! hows it going? off to Toulouse? i guess i have some pretty big shoes to fill as the new front player for the knights!!! Any tips.....? other than avoiding being humped and bit@h slapped by Kyle!!!!!:D :D When are you next playing at Temple? i have to get revenge on you after yo u shot my ankle after i took out how many of your team??? (granted one was probably a lucky shot!!!!!!!!!!) I gotta learn how to shoot straight first shot!!!:cool: :cool:

P.S Billy is only 9!!!!!???????? He is going to be incredible!!!!!!!

Henry.B

London Hope #73
Jun 9, 2002
Amersham
hi

sam u shouldn't feel guilty mate. if u were in that lay down and u thought u were gonna be mugged , u would think. oh sh*t! and u were perfectly within ur rites to do what u did. still it does seem a bit harsh , but he shud wear gloves.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
OK guys, just back from Toulouse & I can tell you that Billy's hand is fine, bar a very impressive welt mark & scab in a perfectly round ring, giving him no trouble at all.

As for T-Hawk, he played superbly all weekend as did the rest of Ecstacy & they qualified for the semis - not bad for a team that's only been playing for a few months & has gone straight into the Am division!