Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Advice on altering and improving needed!

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
I did get it, & its being delivered by courier today. I suppose for £20 its not too bad! After playing for 6mnths, if i still like it (doubtless!), i'll buy a Diablo Sabotage. Is that a good gun? (see pic)

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
looks like the diablo sabatage is a copy of a spyder, if it is and it takes spyder parts it will be a good starter semi and parts should be easy to find.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Well he's going to have accuracy problems anyway due to the barrel. Paint is in general a fair bit smaller now than it was 10 years ago - the standard barrel size used to be around .691 - .693 & now it's down to .684 - .687. Doesn't look much, but quite enough to affect both consistency & accuracy.

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Originally posted by Liz
Well he's going to have accuracy problems
(I'm a she!). Is bigger paint still sold anywhere? Or is it all pretty much standardised now? It should get here tomorrow!

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by Rosie
(I'm a she!). Is bigger paint still sold anywhere? Or is it all pretty much standardised now? It should get here tomorrow!
Sorry chick, of all people I shouldn't fall into making assumptions on what sex someone here is (though girlies here ARE few & far between).
Sorry, no idea which brands come out a bit larger as the team have to use Diablo all the time. I'm pretty sure most Zap isn't much bigger either, or Nelson for that matter. The other problem you will have is that oversized barrels don't help gas efficiency either.

Dec 23, 2001
East of E-Numberia
Visit site
as far as looking at a diablo sabotage for a "better" gun. I personally wouldnt.
ive had the "pleasure" of looking at one, and in the flesh they look very... well plastic.

i recomend looking at an inferno, spyder, or a new piranah. they are all big names in starter markers, and real easy to maintain, and get spares and upgrades for.
the sabotage is new on the scene, and i couldnt say its had much field testing. unlike the other mentioned options.

anyone got any other ideas?

Jones the Paint Magnet

All the gear - no idea
Dec 19, 2001
Croydon/East Grinstead
Visit site
If it's a pump, then spares you'll need are O rings and seals (fairly generic) and springs - you can still get Nelspot spring kits without too much hassle. You'll be in trouble if something like a trigger sear or bolt goes, but I remember these guns from when I started playing and they're pretty solid beasts. Worst case scenario - hunt around for another second hand and cannibalise the parts - may even cost you less than buying a new spare.

If the barrel is brass (I believe it is) then give it a polish on the inside and it should hit what you shoot at. As for diameter of paintballs, I seem to remember Zap Chronic were on the large side, and certainly withstood my amateurish treatment on an automag without any breaks or chops.

I think pumps are a good (and cheap) way of getting to know the ins and outs of a marker before advancing onto something more technically complicated. Plus they're a blast to play with. :D

Have fun!

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
I'd agree with Liz - a second hand Automag would be an ideal starter gun.

Cheap to buy (as they're no longer a trendy gun to own), made of stainless so last forever, reliable and with great backup from AGD.

Personally I'd rather go for a good quality mechanical marker than a cheap electronic. It'll probably last you longer.

Only things to watch out for are dodgy aftermarket mods - badly done 8-hole mods to the rear of the reg, non-standard on/off tops etc.