Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Advice please!

Ballantin

Jul 13, 2013
Milton Keynes
Spires are great, but expensive. I got a white one, and it stains due to the matte finish. Black ones don't have this issue. They are also great on batteries, as they only move when you shoot or shake your gun, rather than Rotor or Z2. But again, it is an expensive option. If at the end you are getting a mechanical marker, almost any hopper will fir your gun.

Edit: I just forgot a detail. Spires don't like this mini sausages, that your mates can put into your hopper to have a laugh!!!

Reactions: jackaroo

jackaroo

Dec 17, 2013
Revvys are great in my opinion especially for the price (£15-20) I nevrr had a break in one yet, but thats because they are an agitator hopper (just juggles the balls in the hopper). Always good to have in he bottom of the kitbag just incase something goes wrong with the main one. Also very good for a mech apart from high profile!

Halos I have always had bad experiences with them as I am a heavy handed twat and aways break lids and press the on/off button too long and it goes into setting mode, 9 times out of 10 right at the start of a game! But that again is my fault!

Rotor my personal favourite hopper by far! Easy to strip and clean takes cheaper batteries (AA's) however when it to start to blend it blends the balls up good! Hence the easy strip I suppose.

Spire I have no clue on, I have never used one yet.
Thank you, think I might just stick with the revvy to be safe!

jackaroo

Dec 17, 2013
Ok I'll bear that in mind, I guess we all have to start somewhere, thanks for the advice guys!

Everyinchtheanimal

Feb 19, 2010
Can we please have a bit more info for newbies! Some of the comments are as much use as swollen balls (oh er) in your hopper! How about giving reasons for a specific item you recommend/disapprove of. Give the newbies an insight as to why they should/shouldnt get something. A good unbiased (read; unsponsored) reason and try to give good and bad for an item! These comments are for the new players in our "sport", so our collective knowledge can help these paintball fledglings take flight from the "punter day/rental" nest.

bitching over

Reactions: jackaroo

Gavin Capper

Jul 28, 2013
Sorry, you're right! I'd go for a mini because they're good value for money, easy to maintain, small and light with a good rate of fire!

Everyinchtheanimal

Feb 19, 2010
Tbh bud it wasnt aimed directly at you. The amount of very knowledgeable people on here that do exactly what you did is amazing. I myself have done it without thinking, but after having a newbie up the site I play/work at, and hearing the questions he asked, I have figured that we need to help with more details towards the newer players to help them make the right decisions that would benefit them. Rather than the usual "get an ego, get a spire, get this/that" and them not being told advice such as the "x" hopper is great, no jams even with reballs, however it eats 9v batteries and sits really tall on the gun. That to me is more beneficial for a new player. So they know the positive and the negative of an item