Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

air bottle leaking very slowly is this normal?

icejohn

Sep 24, 2006
holy Sugr, i found the leak, water test worked.

I found the leak:eek::eek: very fine stream of bubbles coming out from the nipple goes into the (like main body of the reg). It looks like its sealed in using some kinda black tape yes definitaly black tape, just picked at it.

If its been leaking like that for over 7 days these bottles must hold litres and litres of air.

So looks like i hve CAMDENELECTRIC 's problem. Its basically a brand new bottle I cannt believe they dont test them before selling em, probably just make sure they dont got bang if they dont, its ok to sell on lol.

I am really nervous about bottles and pressure having seen the vids.

=============but to solve my problem :eek:
solution=
Is it just a case of :-degas bottle, spanner out the nipple with a shifter spanner, retape it with (think i got some white plumbing pipe tape real thin stuff i got from banq)

=====================
or use as someone else suggested blue locktite.? or try and find some of this black tape.?

============

concerns= If i use blue locktite will it go somewhere it shouldnt ? How much do you use? I dont want to get to the site on the day and it doesnt work.

Someone mentioned burst disks, do i need to open up the whole reg and tinker cough cough.

or the final solution , just live with the damm leak?

lots of questions lads sorry? just nervous about things going wrong.

Skeet

Platinum Member
The burst disk has gone slightly or you have dirt in the fill nipple.....
Degas the bottle and take off the fill nipple and clean and lube (NOT WITH WD40) use blue loctite to secure and make airtight the nipple thread. If neeeded get a new set of burst disks.
Dude, seriously, in the nicest possible way...don't post when you don't know what your on about mate.

Burst discs, do not go "slightly"...that's like, partially ignited petrol...won't happen.

Don't advise anyone to LUBE a fill nipple on an air system. You say not to use WD40..don't say why, but don't list every other Mineral based lubricant out there, to not use either. Simple answer is, you DO NOT LUBE FILL NIPPLES.

Your right about the Blue Loctite tho:D

ICEJOHN

Try and use an adjustable spanner to get the fill nipple out.
Clean the threads in the reg and on the fill nipple, with a tooth brush etc, to get the old sealant off.
Try and get some Blue Loctite (not super Glue) also known as ThreadLock, to put on the nipple before you screw it back in.
Nip it up tight, allow it to set.

If you have PTFE tape, you can use it, but it is not the preferred choice as bits of the tape can enter the air system and your marker...bad.

Wrap the tape the right way (the opposite way, to the direction you sill screw it in) and keep it away from the end of the nipple, that goes inside the bottle, just on the threads.

And NEVER, EVER put any lubricant in or around your air system...just don't...there are circumstances...but unless you know why or what for...do not do it.
For the most part, OIL in the high pressure side of your air system will go bang when you fill it.
You will not find this funny.
People around you, will not find this funny.

Dude, seriously, in the nicest possible way...don't post when you don't know what your on about mate.

Burst discs, do not go "slightly"...that's like, partially ignited petrol...won't happen.

Don't advise anyone to LUBE a fill nipple on an air system. You say not to use WD40..don't say why, but don't list every other Mineral based lubricant out there, to not use either. Simple answer is, you DO NOT LUBE FILL NIPPLES.

Thought the same earlier but could not be assed to post:rolleyes:

CAMDENELECTRIC

KU Nemesis
Jun 4, 2007
Newcastle Under-Lyme

OK, I get most of my info from my local field.....
1. I had the same problem and I was told it might be the burst disks.
2. I was wrong and I whole heartedly accept that.
3. I didn't think I need to write an essay on why not to use WD40 (is DOW 33 mineral)
4. I put a tiny bit of dow33 on my fill nipple after cleaning.... It did not go 'Bang'.
5. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression.
Cheers
James

Skeet

Platinum Member
OK, I get most of my info from my local field.....
1. I had the same problem and I was told it might be the burst disks.
2. I was wrong and I whole heartedly accept that.
3. I didn't think I need to write an essay on why not to use WD40 (is DOW 33 mineral)
4. I put a tiny bit of dow33 on my fill nipple after cleaning.... It did not go 'Bang'.
5. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression.
Cheers
James
Sometimes good, sometimes not:D

1. You will know if your burst disc goes. It's like what happens in a bar, if the staff drop a glass...everyone shouts WAN*ER and points and laughs, while you sh!t yourself with fright!!!
2. Everyday is a school day, for everyone.
3. If you tell someone not to do something, common reaction is to question why. Therfore, if you give them a reason, they can then make an informed decision.
4. DOW 33 is Silicon based, not mineral and is safe to use. Hence I said, there are "circumstances" where you might use lube on the HP side of an air system.
5. Wrong impression of what? It's cool to help people out and the fact that you now know, that some of what you said, was inaccurate or ill-advised, means you are now able to help people out, better.
Happens to me too!:D

Just FYI. Burst discs, are like a steel or brass bolt, with a hole through the middle and small vents around the top. At the bottom, is a thin metal disc attached to it. This flexes and fatigues over time being used and will go eventually from age, but...it is designed to fail if the system over pressurises. With CO2, the burst disc and nut are separate, with the disc being copper and cheaper to replace than HPA ones.