Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air Bottle Questions

Codiak

GWC 2010 #23
Dec 2, 2004
Newcastle
www.codiak.co.uk
Got an fibre airbottle which wont seem to hold its fill for more than a few days.
I could hear a slight leak coming from the pressure guage when i stuck my ear next to it. so i stuck it in some cold water and can see the air is coming out of a small hole in the guage outer casing/rim, is this normal the hole does seem like its deliberatly there and no due to some sort of damage, if not, what can i do or who can i pass it on to as i would like it sorted.

james1981

Aug 8, 2007
If there is a constant leak from this hole then bourdon tube inside the guage is what is leaking. (The little hole in the casing is there to allow normal atmopheric pressure to act upon the bourdon tube) If the bourdon tube is leaking then the guage is scrap and needs replaceing.

Codiak

GWC 2010 #23
Dec 2, 2004
Newcastle
www.codiak.co.uk
thanks, thats clearly explained and makes sense, where can i get one? my bottle and reg are PMI pure energy rated 5000psi need something that works upto that pressure.

Aza0193

Platinum Member
Jun 2, 2007
down under
www.cannockcobras.me.uk
i have a question too, my bottle was hloding air upto 1.2k,when i tried to fill it the oring slipped out of the reg an i shat myself as it hissed. after it was hand tight i was like wtf, checked it seems no damage to anything e.g burst disks, o-ring etc. filled it again after tightening, (not full because it wasnt tourqued) got to 1.2k again. now do you recon it was just boeing loose the made the oring slip out the side?

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
i have a question too, my bottle was hloding air upto 1.2k,when i tried to fill it the oring slipped out of the reg an i shat myself as it hissed. after it was hand tight i was like wtf, checked it seems no damage to anything e.g burst disks, o-ring etc. filled it again after tightening, (not full because it wasnt tourqued) got to 1.2k again. now do you recon it was just boeing loose the made the oring slip out the side?
Do you mean the o-ring between the reg and the bottle.