Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air fills and dive shops?

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Does anyone know of a dive shop around Kingston, Surrey that would be able to fill my air bottle. I don't have a scuba tank or a fill adaptor but was wondering if anyone knows of a dive shop that can help as my only option at the moment is to buy a fill rig from Planet, take it to a shop that i've found in Egham and get them to fill it!

HELP:D

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Very much doubt it mate! what about buying a dive tank Sid had some he was selling for £35 I got one its superb! :D
Obviously still need a fill station though :(

Paul.

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
How much does it cost to get a dive tank filled? What are the specs of the one you have?

300bar? How many ltrs?

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Fantastic...

Thanks gents.

Has anyone got a fill adaptor and/or tank to sell?

Stan,
word of warning, avoid cast aluminium tanks. There were a few with problems a few years ago and dive shops would only fill them once retested and the test only lasted for 3 months.
At £30 a test you can guess where mine are now...

Mant dive shops sell second hand bottles. You want a high pressure one with large capacity - say 15L if possible.

Some dive shops will give you free fills for life if your team buy enough new bottles,
JJ

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Cheers John,

If i don't want a cast aluminium tank, which type do i want?:confused: :D

Stan,
There are two types of tank depending on your budget.
Steel - heavy but robust and readily avaialable second hand.
Fibre wrapped - light but very expensive.
If you can afford it, get fibre- you'll understand why if you have to lug your tanks over any distance to the safe area.
When buying your tank make sure it's in good condition - no scrapes, dents or other obvious signs of damage.
You'll also want one thats well within its test date. If it's about to run out this should be reflected in the price.
Go for a large capacity with high pressure fill if you can as this will last longer.
If possible ask the seller if you can get the dive shop to give it a quick look at. They will tell you if there are any obvious problems.
Happy hunting,
John