Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air Purging

jknight15

I piss nitroglycerin
Feb 3, 2007
Cardboard box alongside M53
Bit of odd one but here goes.

I have an air system for sale and I'm aware of the rule which is no posting air systems with air still in them (duhhhhhh)

Anyway the system has about 3000psi in it and I don't have an ASA at hand in order to discharge it safely, anyone have any methods that works quickly and doesnt atomise me in the process? (and does not involve a sledgehammer)

Cheers

jknight15

I piss nitroglycerin
Feb 3, 2007
i've always pushed a 2p coin down on the pin, this way your fingers are away from the air stream.

just re-read and seen you have 3000psi - not done it with more that 500psi, so might not be too safe.
Translation: You may feel a slight twinge as a small copper coin comes out the back of your head at relatively high speed

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
just use a spanner or something, it'll only come out at 850psi, so it aint going to blow up, the harder you depress, the more psi (upto 850psi) will come out

-james

Friswell_69

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2006
blackburn
like james said you will be fine with a spanner or anything that will press the pin in but you fingers will get really cold if they are too close and in the air stream lol

just press it a tiny bit in if you dont want the whole 850psi in one go

jknight15

I piss nitroglycerin
Feb 3, 2007
like james said you will be fine with a spanner or anything that will press the pin in but you fingers will get really cold if they are too close and in the air stream lol

just press it a tiny bit in if you dont want the whole 850psi in one go
All 850psi at once will probably put whatever i'm pressing the pin in with through the roof :p