Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air system

Ashfire

Sep 3, 2014
So I'm going to buy a 68cu air bottle this week. Now I won't be playing too often and use an ego marker.

I want a carbon wrap bottle and will be buying new. Why is their a big difference in the prices. Low end seems around £130. High end up closer to £200. For the little I will play is their a benefit of the higher end range. If it's just weight then I will buy lower end.

Cheers for any help.

Oct 5, 2002
Sauf Koast
It's weight to be honest. If you're not playing much you could go second hand if you want to save 30/40 quid and get one with a few years test left. I've played for years and bought used bottles and they've been fine I've only just bought my first new one.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Bare in mind most bottles are sold with a regulator and there are cheap regs and expensive regs as well.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Prices of anything can vary

It may be a genric brand vs a named brand, or a pretty finish
We need air systems complete with regulators, but for choice cylinders are sometimes listed and priced without the regulator
There is also age of stock, you're never going to manage to buy a cylinder that has just been manufactured and sold so usualy lose a couple of months of life, if stock is older the shop may drop the price
With weight a 68ci won't be much different to an aluminium 48ci, and between cylinders will be approx the same. Anything lighter has to be built to a different standard and the price will go up again (EG safer brand cylinders)

The regulator will vary. All will convert the pressure down, different ones may have a different specific output pressure but unless its vastly high or low for specific guns it will be in the mid range. Some are user serviceable or can have shims changed and the output pressure adjusted

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
But - why are you after a fibre cylinder for occasional use and worried about the price?

New fibre is approx £150 and you will need to have it tested every 5 years, around £25 per test if you don't post it

Second hand is about £80, but check its age and life plus whether it will last long enough for a test

Aluminium 3000 cylinders are about £30, will last forever if tested. But are cheap enough to dispose
The only real differences are an aluminium will be 48ci compared to 68ci and you take 3000psi fills which unless your gun is inefficient or you shoot vast amounts of paint and the site truely provides 4500psi air then you can save a lot of cash

NailFace

Aug 11, 2013
Swadlincote
But - why are you after a fibre cylinder for occasional use and worried about the price?

New fibre is approx £150 and you will need to have it tested every 5 years, around £25 per test if you don't post it

Second hand is about £80, but check its age and life plus whether it will last long enough for a test

Aluminium 3000 cylinders are about £30, will last forever if tested. But are cheap enough to dispose
The only real differences are an aluminium will be 48ci compared to 68ci and you take 3000psi fills which unless your gun is inefficient or you shoot vast amounts of paint and the site truely provides 4500psi air then you can save a lot of cash
Like the man says, you will probably be better off with an aluminium tank. The only gain on more expensive tanks are the capacity due to the 4500psi and the weight. The cost is quite high and if you only play occasionally then it's not economical due to the retest cycle. Also a lot of the lower end fibre bottles are not light at all and the fact that not many sites offer 4500 psi refills makes buying one a waste of time. You are better off with an aluminium tank. But if you decide to play more then there are a lot of choices available