Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air systems

Toturus

Aug 24, 2002
Visit site
I'm new at paintball and i'd like to ask some questions :)

I have read about the air systems, high pressure and low pressure and of course there are different ball for these guns.

But what is the difference, does it matter or what, is there any reason that there are two types of air systems?

Thanks,
Toturus

right, high pressure = more shots, but also bulkier and usualy more expensive

low pressue = bit less shots, ( but you should not run out in avgame uness you got VERY thirsty gun eg i can do 5 x 150 pots + a 200 hopper on my cocker in 1 game and not run out).
they also usualy smaller and cheaper ( in general that is :) )

hope this helps

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
High = 4500psi
Low = 3000psi

Air tanks wether high or low pressure are the same size it is the test figure that detirmines the rating
IE .68 3000psi and .68 4500psi same size...the contents is a different answer though, higher pressure means more air is held within the tank so gives you more shots and yes it is more expensive but more bulky..no !

As far as air tanks are concerned that is...unless you fire a Matrix or Shocker and are using air not CO2 then you will need a tank in excess of .68 to ensure that you can fire an entire pack

High and Low pressure in the description of a marker is totally different and either a 4500 or a 3000 tank will be fine 'cos the description is to do with their internal workings and a low pressure sytem (air tank) can be either non-adjustable (fixed output) or adjustable....if you have a fixed output air system then you will be unable to within most cases to use on a low pressure marker (see above for deffinition) adjustable output...any marker can be run from it.

You can get both 3000 and 4500 non-adjustable regs (the pressure ratings are just that pressure ratings that the regulator can withstand) and of course adjustable regs rated to the same amounts.