Alex Lundqvist banned from playing EXL

Steve Morris

Banned
Jan 16, 2004
3rd stone from tha sun
Visit site
Reasons..

Originally posted by Magued
Dynasty just showed why a divisional system like you propose Nick would have been a negative thing. They started of losing against Dogs. Then after going thru the loser brackets and play much better reach the final and actuelly win.
What if they had used your system and Dogs went on and won the rest of the games in the division? Dynasty would have had no chance to win, right?

Magued
Exactement! Tack så mycket Magued. Good illustration of a point.

Magued...

You are trying to compare 2 different things...

Sure if all you care about is finding a winner of each event - then DE is probably the solution.

BUT

If what you want to do is create a proper league AND get the level of the EXL to anywhere close to that of the NXL, nothing can be gained by limiting some of the teams to a lesser number of games.

If everything goes as you & Robbo think - or by what it appears all you other "upper echelon" teams are thinking is - then Joy, Nexus, Ton Ton & RL will be getting probably 2-3 more games an event than the others. What this in turn creates is 4 good quality X-Ball teams and a whole bunch of others...

Now how this could benefit Euro Paintball is beyond me - whereas a proper league system - with all teams getting the same amount of games would be 10000 times better for ALL of us in the long run.

I just find it a little suprising that 2 people - you and Pete - who have done so much for Euro paintball in the past, are now just lookng out for #1.

The whole point behind the "league" idea is to show which team is the best over the long run - DE does not accomoplish that. It let's the teams who start strong get stronger - but doesn't any other team play catch-up.

BTW if both of your teams are that much better than the rest of us, then whether we played DE or a league system it wouldn't matter - y'all should beat the crap out of the rest of the teams and end up in Disney anyway. So maybe the choice should have been made to play a format that would helps us all out???

Steve - you are the commisioner of the league, and how much of a league will you have left when there is a kilometer wide gap between those teams who get to play 4-6 games an event and those who get to play 3 or 3.

goose

Steve Morris

Banned
Jan 16, 2004
3rd stone from tha sun
Visit site
Magued...

Originally posted by goose
Steve - you are the commisioner of the league, and how much of a league will you have left when there is a kilometer wide gap between those teams who get to play 4-6 games an event and those who get to play 3 or 3.
I didn't mean so much to express an opinion in favor of DE as to say that I think Magued has a real good point. I wish there were a way that the teams could have more games but not face a strange situation like Magued describes..

Just to make things clear...

I am not faulting Pete one little bit. It is his job to look after the best interests of his team - all respect to him and the other team owners who do that. But the next time he rants on about the sorry state of Euro paintball in relation to the U.S., I just hope he remembers this.

Magued is also in a little strange position - he is a team owner AND a promoter - so he must be a little conflicted. Does he look out for Joy or does he have a greater responsibility to the rest of the of Euro-land???

Again - as team owners/managers with possible eyes on a future NXL & TV deal then 100% right choice. But as 2 who have done A HELL OF A LOT for euroball - a little bit of a dissapointment.

goose

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by goose
Just to make things clear...
I am not faulting Pete one little bit. It is his job to look after the best interests of his team - all respect to him and the other team owners who do that. But the next time he rants on about the sorry state of Euro paintball in relation to the U.S., I just hope he remembers this.
goose
The next time I 'rant on about the sorry state of Euro paintball'???.....
Goose, I fail to see how the adoption of double elimination over round robin can compromise our state of paintball with respect to the Yanks to any significant degree....please explain....coz I tell ya what I did when I looked across the water and saw the Yanks way in front of us, I got me ass into gear and tried to put together a team that could compete at the top by working frikkin hard on the training field instead of looking around for excuses such as double elimination adoption.
Joy, Legion and Ton Tons have done a shed load for European paintball in going to the US and taking it to them and bringing back that acquired expertise and experience, all of them voted for DE.
You think just because you want round robin, you guys are now the saviours of the future of Euro paintballl, well u ain't.
That particular role thankfully resides in the hands of those people who work at developing their teams.

Goose, Nick, if u wanna compete, then train, train and train again, it's out there if u want it, u just need to work hard enough and go in the right direction, don't lay your failures at my feet.
I'm sick and tired of hearing I'm sacrificing the intersets of 'European' Paintball in favour of my team, FFS it's both ludcirous and insulting.
Now stop moaning and bitching and get on with the job in hand and that as far as you two are concerned is making the Ducks the best team in the EXL, it's possible, all you have to do is work.

Goose, peace !

Pete,

Where in any of my posts did I mention ME or the Ducks.

Think what you may - but I agree with most of what you say. Teams have to get off their ass & practice, and no pools is NOT the definitive saviour of Euro paintball, HOWEVER....

When there is talk about a "European X-Ball League" the EXL - I don't understand the rationale behind having to determine a winner at each event - is that not the point of league to see who is best throughout the season?? If finding a winner after each event is the goal then sure use DE - but if the goal is to grow a European League then having teams play varying numbers of games just plain sucks.

How can teams develop if they cannot play/practice against each other as often as possible?? Would this not include playing as many games at events?? Not every team has the finances YET that Nexus, TT, RL & Joy have - so the best way for those "other" teams to get the experience is at these same events.

Agree 100% that if we want to compete we have to train, train, train - like in any other sport. If for some reason you feel that I am blaming you for the state of Euro paintball read what I wrote again - You & Magued are some of the few who have done the most - it's just too bad you won't do more. Sometimes it helps to have big-brother looking out for ya.

BUT you forgot to quote the part where I said "Again - as team owners/managers with possible eyes on a future NXL & TV deal then 100% right choice." - I can't help it if I feel dissapointed that you chose the "dark side" :).

If we don't live up to our own expectations - I don't think you will hear 1 Duck quack about the fault being DE, it will be our own damn fault not the system.

Again I ask - if the top 4 are so much further ahead than the rest of us - why would pools be a bad thing?? You would still be playing the same number of games - and you would still end up at the top at the end of the season, right??

goose

P.S. Always peace my big bald friend, especially when you are twice the size of me:)

Magued

Jul 10, 2001
Visit site
Goose.

I hear you but I cant say I agree.

Lets get some perspective about this entire EXL thing.
8 teams where picked to play this Super legue in Europe.
They where picked beacuse of what? Beacuse they where the best we had. Other team wanted to come in, other teams screamed and said that we are killing the competionen and chances for the ones that didnt make it to the EXL.

They also said that the EXL teams are only looking for nr1, remember?
Didnt here much from you guys then?

Now we are here, all 8 teams in the EXL should think about their team and their team only. Goose your my friend, thats for sure but when it comes to EXL and Joy vs Ducks I want to beat you guys bad! And im sure you think the same. I frankly dont give a **** about the other teams in the legue. If a team keep loosing in the EXL and by that plays less games then they should practice more!
The EXL shouldnt be some kind of practice ground for the 8 teams so they can reach the US standard BS. It should be WIN and WIN and if you loose then a Division 1 team should take your place.

Regarding the rest of European paintball. Its not thoose 8 teams that need help. The work we should do and are doing is make it easy access for new players, get media involved and make the Millennium series great for all team. But you guys and Ignition and Joy and Nexus etc are in a position to make your team great, by your own you dont need anyone else, take it!

Magued

After having gone for a walk around the block with my dog - and had a good talk with him - I think I can explain my thinking a bit better.

When I hear EXL - European X-Ball League - I think of a proper league - just like Football, Baseball, Basketball etc. - where a season is played with playoffs and everyone during the season plays the same number of games. This is what a league is.

Now if what we want is DE tournaments - FINE - we would sign up for that also and see how things go - and if we fell on our faces then so be it.

So I think the name should be changed from EXL to ESX - Elite Series X-Ball. Because let's be honest a series of DE tournaments is not a league - it is Division 1 X-Ball with the "best teams".

Mag, of course it's about winning - always should be - we can be friends in the bar later. Let's just establish what it is we want to have here in Europe - a league or a bunch of DE tournaments.

goose

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I'm just about to piss off so I'll address these when I come back from 'another' training weekend...didn't mean to piss either of u off and I certainly wasn't being direspectful to the Dux, anyways, ain't got time now, got a 3 hr drive in front of me...laters Nick, Goose - Peace !!!!