Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Aliens Vs. Predator Demo

Yeah the graphics arent stunning. Nor is the gameplay. But its all very slick and polished.

The original AVP game, from '99 was all about the coop modes.

Coop has moved on leaps and bounds with stellar titles like the Left 4 dead series. Lets hope they have been paying attention.
If the coop modes capture even a scrap of the desperation and tension experienced in L4D2 then it will certainly be worth the play through with some mates.

Or LT if your right, it will be £15 on steam soon enough.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
well on PC its only £17 already. i was talking xbox personally, as more bezzie mates on there.

I wish theyd just released Colonial Marines instead, its what people want more I think, fudge the predator, I want photo realistic pulse rifles, mini welding of doors shut, with 3 mates, all caking it over xbox live (or steam, if you like) running around LV426 various interiors exteriors and alien derelict etc.

I spose ill have to buy this to ensure SEGA greenlight CM for release as they have pretty stated in the press. gearbox wont be funded to complete CM unless AVP3 does well at the box (sales)

Codiak

GWC 2010 #23
Dec 2, 2004
Newcastle
www.codiak.co.uk
Yes CM certainly got my ears up, but I did love the older AVP titles on the PC.

Now they say this PC version i downloaded is based on the DX9 content and that the DX11 stuff will be a big jump up.
The question is, do I just wait and then get it later on for my 360 where it will no doubt run fine and be a balance of eye candy - or waste £'s getting a new rig - again! to experience cutting edge visuals.... i wonder.... at times the PC games market feels more and more a false economy as they port/co-write games designed for the console and bring them to the PC.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
Yes CM certainly got my ears up, but I did love the older AVP titles on the PC.

Now they say this PC version i downloaded is based on the DX9 content and that the DX11 stuff will be a big jump up.
The question is, do I just wait and then get it later on for my 360 where it will no doubt run fine and be a balance of eye candy - or waste £'s getting a new rig - again! to experience cutting edge visuals.... i wonder.... at times the PC games market feels more and more a false economy as they port/co-write games designed for the console and bring them to the PC.
far as im aware the PC title is an Xbox port, so the Xbox would be a good choice if you dont mind the control pads.
dx11 is meant to be great but I dont have a gfx card thatd do it justice id wager (9800GT)

im not spending the cost of a console on a new gfx card tbh

Codiak

GWC 2010 #23
Dec 2, 2004
Newcastle
www.codiak.co.uk
far as im aware the PC title is an Xbox port, so the Xbox would be a good choice if you dont mind the control pads.
dx11 is meant to be great but I dont have a gfx card thatd do it justice id wager (9800GT)

im not spending the cost of a console on a new gfx card tbh
TBH the number of games that have just came from console to the PC and feel and play like console games has put me off upgrading heavily for years now. quite happy to play my 360 even tho I have always preferred a keyboard and mouse for an FPS, I got over that a while ago now.

for comparison tho, I ran the demo maxed and at 8x ASF on my 8800GTS OC, amd 64 x2 4600 with 2gb ddr ram running on windows 7 and it wasnt choppy at all.

Luke C

Banned
Apr 15, 2006
Unsportsmanlike
www.xpres.co.uk
Colonial Marines is due out this year is it not?

Sounded promising, no hud and less things to assist you. Hopefully making the whole game more realistic.

Well, as Realistic as a game based on a film made in the early 90's and set in a pretty horrifying future with aliens gestating inside humans and soldiers in mixed sex units led by a total novice officer and with some of the biggest weapons anyone has ever carried aboard a phallic shaped combat drop ship on the way distant planet being terraformed by unsuspecting, ill informed and slightly gullible colonists.

Oh and apparently, the battle of Helms Deep is not real :(

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
Colonial marines was due out in 09 lol
erm itll slip between 9 and 12 months now, post AVP3 release
and then its dependant on how well AVP3 sells apparently.

CM looks the much better game to me.