Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Angel or Ego?

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Right, I've got a big wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket and want some bling in my life.

Discounting sponsorship deals or fanboyism, from a technical perspective, which is the better purchase, Angel A1 or Ego 07?

Size/weight/looks don't bother me massively, I'm more concerned about reliability, ease of maintenance and performance.

Also, is the Ego 07 much of an improvement over the Ego 06 apart from being smaller + lighter?

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
i'm not sponsored 1 way or the other but i would definately say go with egos. ive owned an angel g-7 fly, ego 5 and ego 6 and the egos were sooooo impressive. i found with the angel it had a wide profile and my vlocity looked a bit outta place sitting ontop of it. also the whole low pressure bit meant i had to spend £130 extra on a new air system (now sold to graeme b). they are good and i never had a problem in a years worth of use outta my angel and it shot proper rapid BUT doesnt excuse the fact thats its as wide as a house. needs a 'WIDE LOAD' sign hanging from the back of it. egos on the other hand are quick, thin and pretty. really easy to strip down for cleaning and maintainance whether on site or at home after a hard days ballin'. never shot or even held a 07 ego but have heard alot of feedback from people sayin it feels to flimsey and that theyve perhaps shaved to much off. i personally dont know but might i suggest a good quality 06 ego? looks awesome and is solid. you can get a good quality one on here for around £400 and if you've got £800 like u say then perhaps go for an sl66 (i think thats right) or a nexus 06 ego or something. bit more blingy and wicked nice.
hope this helps. just having owned both angels and egos i thought this was right up my street for a small answer.

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
I dont mean this to come over in a harsh way mate but owning earlier examples on both guns doesnt really mater either way. If you havent shot an A1 or an EGO7 you cant really comment on them or give someone buying advice.

:)

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
the topic is ego or angel or possibly the other way round .. not ego7 or angela1.

now im sure they aint ventured far off of the path of either earlier marker. im sure there aint much difference between a 06 ego and 07 other then the milling and watnot. same with angels, changed a bit but its still a lp gat which is as wide as a house.

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
Right, I've got a big wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket and want some bling in my life.

Discounting sponsorship deals or fanboyism, from a technical perspective, which is the better purchase, Angel A1 or Ego 07?

Size/weight/looks don't bother me massively, I'm more concerned about reliability, ease of maintenance and performance.

Also, is the Ego 07 much of an improvement over the Ego 06 apart from being smaller + lighter?

Really

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Technically the Angel A1 is years ahead of the egos, but the egos have a better profile and are without a doubt "in vogue" at the moment.

Both guns shoot very well and maintenance is minimal, and easy.

Being an angel tech, i'm a bit biased to the Angels, but the egos are very good markers.

I've got to admit the ego has it on looks, but that may change in the next generation of Angels.

Whichever marker you choose you'll be pleased with, so buy with confidence.

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
the topic is ego or angel or possibly the other way round .. not ego7 or angela1.

now im sure they aint ventured far off of the path of either earlier marker. im sure there aint much difference between a 06 ego and 07 other then the milling and watnot. same with angels, changed a bit but its still a lp gat which is as wide as a house.

The A1 is hardly as wide as a house. Really if you havent shot one, you have no opinion on them

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
the differences between the 06 and 07 ego are many
the 07 ego blows any other model out the water imho

if you are after an ego you owe it to yourself to get the 2007 platform
it really is a much better gun than the 05 and 06.

as for angels...

Technically the Angel A1 is years ahead of the egos, but the egos have a better profile and are without a doubt "in vogue" at the moment.

Both guns shoot very well and maintenance is minimal, and easy.

Being an angel tech, i'm a bit biased to the Angels, but the egos are very good markers.

I've got to admit the ego has it on looks, but that may change in the next generation of Angels.

Whichever marker you choose you'll be pleased with, so buy with confidence.
In what respect would you say the A1 is years ahead.

Only thing I can think of is the blackbury style wheel / bright shiny display. Hardly a quantem leap in design?