Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Another marker advise thread

Also a verb

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Yes its another noob asking for advise bout a marker :p. But i'm not gona post a list of markers I think are any good, cos I don't know jack. Instead i'm gona ask for reccomendations (sp) to fulfill the following points:

1/ accuracy
2/ silent action/ muzzle report
3/ reliability/constancy

the points are in order of importance.

I'm mainly gona be playing rec-ball in a semi-urban playing site, poss try tourny later. Am wanting to pay max of £350, prefer less more £200-250.

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
Originally posted by Also a verb
I'm mainly gona be playing rec-ball in a semi-urban playing site, poss try tourny later. Am wanting to pay max of £350, prefer less more £200-250.
Wow, there's a rec-ball site that will let you bring a £350 marker on and play against punters? I pity those poor mugs... :D:p:D

Where is it?

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
yup, check with the site first mate, if you aren't playing tourney, a £350 marker isn't going to be welcome at anything but walk ons. And even if it is, do you want to be the bloke who wins because his kit is better? (you could be 300 times better than everyone else, but they will blame the marker). If you play regularly at the same site, you'll have an advantage already.
Anyway, play tournament if you've £350 to spend on a marker. Look on the boards, loads of teams need players, some of them are at the right level for a newbie.

Also a verb

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Ah slight confusion about my post. My point as regards the money i'm prepared to spend wasn't very well made. I'd much prefer to spend £200-250 or less, but am prepare to pay upto £350 IF it will mean a big improvement in the points listed.
I'm not looking for a marker that will put out rounds like a M134a, stealth and shot placement is much more the order of the day.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Check with the site, see what they are prepared to let you use, no point spending £200 on a marker that's too far above site spec, save your cash until you want to do walk ons and tourney, meanwhile, buy a decent hopper, battlepack, mask etc.... if the site is prepared to let you use anything, then a second hand cocker is a good bet.
Does the site use C02 or air? if it's air then have you got access to C02?, otherwise a decent air system is going to set you back as much as the marker.

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
In your price range look for a seconf hand cocker. You will find these to be accurate. Again like all the others say it depends on paint size and barrel match to it but a second hand marker will prob come with a better set up (including barrel) for you to use.

Also check out places like ebay cause they have a few bits going cheap.

chunk.Clan

Clan, back for 09.
May 12, 2002
Lanark.
Ok if you reliable and uncomplecated then go for a impulse. easy to upgrade and easy to maintain. Also can be used in tourney at a later date. Cockers are nice and accurate but probably not the best for someone who is just starting out.

Chunk.

p.s. I have an impy for sale if you are interested?
e-mail chris_falla@hotmail.com