Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Any sites where I can use my own?

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
To be honest mate I am not sure. I have only ever done academies there. I wouldnt have thought so purely because it would be grossly unfair to punters if you can use your own marker AND get paint at half the price. But I think you can use your own marker and use site paint. What most places do is split up the guys with their own markers so you still have balanced teams.

Joff

Web Monkey
Oct 28, 2002
UK
Visit site
Originally posted by crom-dubh
Most places still insist you use site paint. Thats how they make their money. Walk ons and Sparklies academy are the exeption
Yup, full appreciate that - just wish the paint would be a bit more consistant :(
Sounds like Sparklies is becoming the ideal choice - what are the staff there like?

Joff

Web Monkey
Oct 28, 2002
UK
Visit site
One of my first games I every played was against a team where two people had their own marker - oh how we "oooh'd and aaah'd" at their ported barrels and wondrous "thermal" lenses :D

Must admit, I did feel a bit intimidated and I wouldn't want to do the same to other newcomers to the sport.

fuxup

JAGUAR XS
Sep 19, 2002
USA
Visit site
yeahmight have to give the sparklie 1 a ring an find out need some where to go on sunday aint to worried bout paying site price thanx crom;)

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
Joff
you should come down to the next academy at Sparklies. The marshals are all great people and you will get to meet people with varying levels of experiance. Plus the food is great.

Prices are £45 for a box of paint and £10 walk on fees. (but you have to join the academy first. £5 for a years membership)

Joff

Web Monkey
Oct 28, 2002
UK
Visit site
OMG - I can't belived I've never heard of them before!!

The site is sickeningly close to where I used to live (Bourne End) and the girlfriend's current gaff in Maidenhead. She'll appreciate being able to stumble out of bed straight into camo overalls rather than face a half-hour drive at stupid o'clock in the morning.

Should I purchase a marker sooner rather than later, then consider me there!! How do I join! Where do I sign? Is it Sup'air or REAL (;)) paintball in the woods?

Toryboy

Give in to the Dark Side!
Originally posted by Joff

Yup, full appreciate that - just wish the paint would be a bit more consistant :(
Sounds like Sparklies is becoming the ideal choice - what are the staff there like?
the staff...well im there and im a complete ******* but aslong as u dont talk to me ur ok :D if your extra special sparklie may even get her thong out for u, dunno if that gud of bad....

cya down there m8,academy rox!!! ull have a blast

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
Just turn up on the day (after contacting Sparklie to let her know you are coming of course) Its just a small form to fill out and bobs your uncle you have just joined the academy. Its a mix of wood and sup air oh and they have the best site toilets I have ever dumped in :D

What marker are you looking at getting?

I am buying one from the States soon where you can save a fortune if you dont mind a bit of a gamble.

Joff

Web Monkey
Oct 28, 2002
UK
Visit site
ROFL @ Toryboy - I don't think the other half would approve of Sparklie showing her underwear (notice I'm not complaining tho!)...

Crom - something along the lines of a Tippmann 98 Custom depending on if I can find one at the right price.
Fat Bobs have a Diablo Sabotage for £90 which I'm VERY tempted to get - they've offered a full refund if I'm not satisfied plus it's Spyder threaded for barrels so I'm sorted on that front :p

I've ordered from the States before, but having very little in terms of a clue with regards to things like drop forwards, expansion chambers, venturi bolts, etc... I think a UK supplier would be the best bet :) I've only ever fired Inferno markers!! :(