The Home Of European Paintball

automag RT

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
Hi there

What are peoples thoughts on the automag RT?
Is it able to keep up with other tournament guns?
What are its inherrant problems?
What are the essential upgrades for it?

Cheers fellas

ciaran.mooney

Ich bin ein Berliner!
Mags all round are good markers. They are built like bricks - couldn't break them easlity if you tried. An RT could easily keep up with a tourny marker, as long as it was on Air. The only problem i can think of is the trigger gets some getting used to.

Upgrades? Erm either an AGD Intellifram or Z-Grip, decent set of barrels to match the paint you will use (or a freak system). Possibly a Warpfeed?

Paul (fusionUK)

Need Nickname?!?!?!
Jul 9, 2001
Manchester UK
www.planettribes.com
Originally posted by ciaran.mooney
Mags all round are good markers. They are built like bricks - couldn't break them easlity if you tried. An RT could easily keep up with a tourny marker, as long as it was on Air. The only problem i can think of is the trigger gets some getting used to.
there is no 'as long as its on air' with a RT, you got have air on an RT ideally an adjustable reg. so you can control the reactiveness of the trigger.... RT's are perfectly good tourney level markers

Dave S ECI

ECI + HFT
Jul 17, 2001
53rd and 3rd
Visit site
there is a pressure differential on the on off in an RT, this means u have to compress 350-400psi of gas on the pull but the trigger then pushes back with 600-1000psi on the release. depends on your input into the gun i run my rt with z grip and warp at1000 psi and it is seriously reactive.

the trigger pushes back with more force than it takes to pull.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
You either like them or you don't

They're very reliable guns and can be shot insanely fast, however the limit of that is that you have to have the feel for them to be able to utilize their abilities. There's a certain touch to shooting an RT trigger; it can be learned quickly but if you're used to a different trigger type like a Cocker or electro then it's a hard thing to get into, making you skip shots and/or chop paint constantly instead of sending all the massive volume of paint downrange.

Get an adjustable tank if you feel the itch to, but really such isn't necessary. DOUBLE TRIGGER IS A MUST. Not only does it make it easier to learn the trigger to not chop, but it gives you that double trigger hump that you can just tickle with the tip of your fingers to unleash the full fury. Trust me, an RT without a double trigger is like a woman without a tongue or other essential parts: nice to look at and kinda fun sometimes, but you just can't get into it cause you know something major is missing.