Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Barrel Polishing

Micah

Originally posted by Fat Bob's Paintball
Heres how we used to do it and it works a treat.

You can buy at any gun shop a shot gun cleaner. It is a small fury end (like you used to get on squeegies) which screws into a booden stick.

Screw the fury bit onto the stick and then put it into a drill. Then smear toothpaste onto the fury bit and insery into the barrel. Start the drill and start to polish.

Also a tip on getting the balls to fly straighter is to tumble them for a couple of minutes prior to use. When a ball stands it can form an air bubble inside. By tumbling the balls this air bubble is distributed through the paint making the ball fly straighter.

Thanks

Andy
Really? An air bubble? I always thought it was that the pigments werent 100% consistant throughout so if paint sits for an extended period the heavier pigments (especially with cheaper brands) sink to the bottom of the shell, so when the ball is fired this weight distribution causes wobble, like throwing spitball in baseball.

But I could be wrong.

-Micah

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Air/Gelatin/pigment - doesn't really matter - but just 2 mins wont make much difference, the best thing is to rotate the paint over the previous few days, then when you are potting up thoroughly mix it up with your hand and not over pack pots.

RainX rocks on barrels. clean out the barrel with alcohol to get rid of all old gelatin, then thoroughly dampen a bit if tissue and push it through with a bit of dowel. Leave it to dry overnight then lightly polish it with a furry stick type - nothing realy tight. works wonders I tell ya' :)

Twisty

Softly spoken
Jan 20, 2002
Leamington Spa
personally, after using a pull-through, if you use either a polish rag on some string, or if you donthave that then a section of old boxers (for the love of godmake sure there clean) that makes my freak all shinny and pretty.

Twist :D