Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best lube for my DM9?

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Dow 33 ...best stuff ever ,designed for lubing far more powerfull weapons than a paintball marker where reliabilty quite genuinely means life or death...

You'll only go back to using it the rest is all hype or a variation of Dow ...

Nickeroo

Honorary Canadian
May 16, 2007
Wales
Slick lube also gets eaten up by my DM9 very quickly. I have to re-lube the bolt every 2 cases.
What lube are you using??? You should check the gun setup if you need to re-lube that often, either that or you have some worn 'O'-Rings that need changing on the bolt.

Snowwolf

Rebellion
Oct 30, 2008
Northants
What lube are you using??? You should check the gun setup if you need to re-lube that often, either that or you have some worn 'O'-Rings that need changing on the bolt.
Its fairly common for it to need lubing in places that regulary mate. Its Dye slick lube. Maybe im not being 'in depth' enough. There's still lube remaining on the bolt after 2 cases, just not the amount i like. Its usually the bolt stem O-rings that have little lube left on them after 2 cases.

Gun set up is perfect. No worn O-rings...Its only had 6 cases through it.

ShimmerShot

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2008
Midlands
I'v had a weekend only 2 weeks ago where i put 4 cases through my dm9 in 2 consecutive days without fault, shot fantastic all training. I used the Lube supplied with my dm8 as because theres still plenty left in the tube, i think its more viscous then the new formulated lube that came with the dm9

jumbaleo

Feb 18, 2006
Visit site
Not really sure the point of this thread...

Dye supply a variation of Dow33 for their markers, they have done for a few yrs. They do this because it is one of the best lubes to use on their gats!

They do this so you get the best possible efficiency and reliability for your marker.

Fine if you chose to use monkey ***z or plankton sauce, but when your at staging you'll find dirty fingers get in your nice clean tubs of 'smooth and spaffy' and screw it up with particles of dirt and grit. Why not use the recommended product from a squeezy tube, keep the grease clean, keep your marker working and go play some ball??

Snowwolf

Rebellion
Oct 30, 2008
Northants
Not really sure the point of this thread...

Dye supply a variation of Dow33 for their markers, they have done for a few yrs. They do this because it is one of the best lubes to use on their gats!

They do this so you get the best possible efficiency and reliability for your marker.

Fine if you chose to use monkey ***z or plankton sauce, but when your at staging you'll find dirty fingers get in your nice clean tubs of 'smooth and spaffy' and screw it up with particles of dirt and grit. Why not use the recommended product from a squeezy tube, keep the grease clean, keep your marker working and go play some ball??
Use a cotton bud to apply the lube to the bolt then spread it with your fingers...easy really.

Secondly, im never happy unless im trying new stuff :D

jumbaleo

Feb 18, 2006
Visit site
Its fairly common for it to need lubing in places that regulary mate. Its Dye slick lube. Maybe im not being 'in depth' enough. There's still lube remaining on the bolt after 2 cases, just not the amount i like. Its usually the bolt stem O-rings that have little lube left on them after 2 cases.

Gun set up is perfect. No worn O-rings...Its only had 6 cases through it.
So your trying to fix what already works?

+ You have hardly run the gat in yet?

I've got a tub of hair wax that I can sell you for £35, wanna try that too?