Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best mask for a Paintball Marshall?

Motifier

Devaztator
Apr 27, 2014
Hey guys, whats the best mask for a paintball Marshall. I don't actually get to play very often but am keen to hear peoples opinions.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Same basis as a players goggles

What's comfortable for you, and with vision
For vision you need a wide angle of view - so you can see what's going on
Plus the standard vision element - no fogging
Marshall's run less then players, so may not be heavy breathing, but could be standing, sprinting, standing etc

You may want bright goggles for marshalling - yellow etc, but this is not essential - are the players you are watching likely to not shoot you because they easily identify you from bright goggles? Or are they the type who will 'accidentally' shoot a Marshall at any opportunity?

southernP8nt

Aug 20, 2008
Personally from my time marshalling (not tournament paintball, was at a punter site) I would recommend going for something like the Dye i4, because they are very easy to communicate with, so it's much easier to make yourself heard and over the course of a long day if makes a big difference whether you're having to shout constantly or not.

NinjaSquirrel

Apr 19, 2013
Kincraig,Scottish Highlands.
Personally from my time marshalling (not tournament paintball, was at a punter site) I would recommend going for something like the Dye i4, because they are very easy to communicate with, so it's much easier to make yourself heard and over the course of a long day if makes a big difference whether you're having to shout constantly or not.
Id agree with you there,providing its dry and doesnt rain.I use i4's for playing and marshalling,but there downfall is they dont have a rain peak.I get round it by wearing a boonie,or a hoodie.Id say go for something with a peak,thatll help keep the rain from running down the inside of the lens,and obscuring your vision.

dangerousbob

Aug 18, 2013
I played at a punter day yesterday and was actually talking about this. One idea was to use a "plain" just colour or something like that rather than something of more intimidating appearance like some of the grillz u can get. (Altho they do look awesome) This was to make the marshals more approachable to the punters (more so the lil kids) if they needed assistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

connor96

Jul 26, 2013
northampton
I played at a punter day yesterday and was actually talking about this. One idea was to use a "plain" just colour or something like that rather than something of more intimidating appearance like some of the grillz u can get. (Altho they do look awesome) This was to make the marshals more approachable to the punters (more so the lil kids) if they needed assistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i disagree with this I use my grills when marshalling and kids always stare at my mask and ask questions about it. if anything they talk to me more because of it even the splatballers who are 10. might be different at other sites though

Reactions: Connor Nourse

jackaroo

Dec 17, 2013
I use i4's up at the site and to play in, they're ok. As someone said they're good as your voice carries which means customers can hear you better and the soft ears allow for good hearing, another positive is the field of vision is excellent. Downsides are that if you have a big head (me) they leave your jaw and top part of your forehead open, which means it can be annoying if you get hit while trying to focus on marshalling. And as someone else said you can't get a visor so rain is a problem but not too bad. Personally I'd go for proflex's cause they're SO comfy or the empire e-flex. However it is personal preference, go try some on!