Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best Way to Dive?

Little Jon

Banned
May 1, 2002
Planet X
www.paintballextreme.co.uk
ive done that before at my local, in a village level there and random trenches everywhere( oh flashbacks, 1914) and i got really far ahead of my team and tripped on one of these and my goggles came off, then MY team started shootin at me even though i was the only one there with a jersey on, they shot me and i had a good little swear at him:D :rolleyes:

Calavera

Ignorance Is Bliss
Sep 5, 2002
UK - Essex
Visit site
I try to avoid dives cos i near always mess them up but slides r something else. Just its happened too many times when i go that little too far and smash into the barricade/wall/etc. Not only does it give away your spot and can hurt/cripple you but also makes you look a fool. You'd expect i'd learn from my mistakes but i suppose practise makes perfect.

sevensone

Paintball is my BITCH!!!
Tool!!!

First dive I performed was at the Scunny tournament. How much of a fol did I feel when I went for the dive, hit the ground sliding, hopper came off and flew about two feet to my left and barrel ended up in the dirt. Man, the only thuing hidding my shame was my mask! Thank christ I hadn't had my jersey printed up then. The marshal to the left of me looked like he was throwing a fit, he was laughing that loud. NEVER TRY YOUR FIRST DIVE IN FRONT OF A THOUSAND SEASONED PLAYERS. And I got no hoochies!!!!!:( :( :( :(

deadeye_85

Sep 24, 2002
Victoria, Australia
Visit site
Sliding.

I think that sliding has to be the way to go. You minimising your risk of injury and you are able to shoot efficently at the same time.
If you are sliding and you need to have a low profile, skid onto your knees and then drop to your hip on one side.
At a game I was at recently I slid on my knees behind a car, but I slid too far and ended up in the open, but because my gun was up I shot a guy, and scrambled back in. Anyway, I think sliding is better.

Helacious B

"Gunga Galunga"
Jul 11, 2002
Visit site
Honestly i believe sliding legs first is the best way to go. That way, if you work on it, you can still be shooting somewhat accuratly while sliding into you bunker and not worry about breaking anything. Theres a saying, " If its stupid but works then its not stupid."

weedave

Jan 16, 2002
Belfast
Depends what bunker im going into...

Lie Down : I like to run and drop and about 15 feet before the bunker, slip onto my side really quickly. Ive seen Strange do it a few times aswell.

Standing: I dont dive when running to a standing. I run and about 15 feet before the bunker, I jump on my knees and if i dont make it to the bunker i will crawl the rest.

-Dave