Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best "Woodsball" Gun??

Gingus Khan

Jan 26, 2014
Hi there
I've been playing woods ball for about a year now and have used quite a few markers from tippman a-5 through to a creed.
But i was wondering in your opinion what would be the best marker set up from bottle to barrel. I'm not asking what is the best gun cos i don't want to start a rage thread where speedballers are fighting the ego and woodballers are fighing the tippmans lol.
So yeah what would you say is an accurate, fairly cheap, reliable and light set up.
The best I've seen is the ego 7 for accuracy but i munch through paint like no tomorrow

Thanks guys

connor96

Jul 26, 2013
northampton
etha with emc kit lets you play both woodsball and speedball, its eclipse so is reliable and good customer service. for a hopper you could get a rotor which is probably the most used and can come in camo but a halo or any electric hopper will work well. for a bottle they will all work but if you want to be lighter then a carbon fibre 4500 one will be good however they are more expensive

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
The best gun & cylinder combination are those that give the right balance for you

An aluminium/steelie is the best value for money, and if it has the air capacity for you to shoot the paint you are carrying / the length of time you are in game then it is perfectly fine.
Otherwise for ergonomics of size, shape and weight the diversity of choice of fibre cylinders is a winner

For a gun whichever feels right to you is best.
'Tactical' rails etc add little to guns - the most useful items you can mount are a camera and / or a torch. A camera on gun should be your second camera as you will get more footage on your head, a torch is useful if used properly - which means keeping it turned off 99% of the time

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
As long as they are chronoed accurately and the paint is of a decent quality, no one marker is more accurate than another.

There is no 'best' it's all down to the personal preference over what you personally might want from a gun, mil-sim or whatever. The single biggest factor when nailing down what's the right gun for you is budget, set that and then you can work out from there what'd be most suitable.

You can use settings on the board to limit the rate of fire on an Ego (or most guns for that matter) that's an effective way of cutting down your paint consumption

Gingus Khan

Jan 26, 2014
well i was thinking of the x7, what upgrades do you think would help with the accuracy, like a flatline or..rifled barrel ?

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Unless you are using mag fed first strike round (and are rich) rifled barrels are a waste of time, they do not work with regular paintballs.

Flatlines are neat but they are no more accurate, they add backspin to the ball which makes them go a bit further but also means they are more prone to wind and are often all over the place. An Apex 2 barrel is the same sort of thing but better as the effect can be adjusted and even turned off. Once again, no more accurate but can be fun for pulling off trick shots.

Seriously dude, stop chasing this 'accuracy' thing, paintballs, by their very nature are not accurate. Accuracy comes with practice, not gimics.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
A decent speedball marker will outperform almost all "woodsball/milsim" type guns. The majority of WB markers operate with an outdated bowback system and are bulky and heavy in comparison. Unless you specifically want to look like a soldier, I see no reason to add scopes and rails etc. Personally, I would happily use any of my collection of Egos and intimidators in the woods over a WB style marker anyday. The only exception is when I really want to slow my consumption down, or I'm playing with youngsters or rental players, when I break out the pistol and/or 'cocker pump.

M4rkm93

You stay classy!
Sep 13, 2012
Coventry
If you're looking for accuracy then buy some good paint and and barrel kit for whichever marker you choose. Then match the paint size to the appropriate barrel bore.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
The only thing I have ever found the affect accuracy is consistency of velocity. A marker that is within a few FPS each shot over the chrono will be noticeably more accurate on the field. And guess which type of marker is most consistent in my experience....

Reactions: H