Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Big Game: North Vs South = Rip Off

not2well

Banned
Dec 6, 2004
ward 7
Visit site
ive been playing paintball for around 14 years now and ive got to say the game at the weekind was one of the worst if not the worst game ive ever been to. if it wasnt for my van been parked so far down the the road and blocked in by 2 million cars " thanks to the car park attendants " i would have gone home.

field : that was the most boring field ive ever played on, pathetic. all this hype about how good this site would be. just a flat field with a few tents thrown up hardly any barricades to makes any good advances.

tent : cramped, not enough tables. and poor bunch of lads who had to set up there gear in 2 foot off mud.

marshalling : very good, good calling. when we needed someone ckecked they would be right up there. down side i didnt see any one been chronoed to check to see if guns were hot.

food : crap....... need i say more

organizers : after that day very rich. couldnt even give us 500 paint balls in with the price. probably end up seeing them on crime watch.

they can dream on if they think were gonna go there next year. stick to my normal walk on days.

Senshi UK

Jan 11, 2005
Visit site
personally i'd like to see you do a better job in the same time and under the circumstances that were put onto warped which FORCED them to move site. They had no choice, they had to do it. and the choice they came to at the end may not have been best for them, but better for the hundreds of players booked in and waiting.

again the only close campsite available was the one which was used. again making the best of a bad situation and im grateful that warped didnt cancel and pull out after so many people were already looking forward to it. thinking of us and aware of the distance and lack of parking, forking out the cash for coaches was absolutley incredibly generous of warped.

the food?? yeah i admit the queue for the food was long, but that's what happens when other vendors dont show up.

you say after that day they'd be rich??? even i dont know how much money they made and maybe i dont want to either, but i have an idea of how much was spent to try to get the new site up to scratch in such a short time span.

and the mud?? understand this. 2 weeks before the area was covered with trees.... get rain there = mud.

after seeing how much had been accomplished in such a short time im very impressed at how warped handled the situation, and the response from some of the painballer community who worked their socks off over the 2 weeks on the site to get it done, in the cold, rain, and the god damn hot in the friday and saturday.

personally i'm giving warped one helluva thanks for a wicked day and under the circumstances, but im happy for em that it turned out great, and i can't wait till the next big game, whenever that may be.

and if you dont realise this, then im afraid you need a reality check.

Jack Daniels

feckking pissed.....again
lets put it this way. i believe that next year's big game will be more of an average sized game.

in my opinion they are trying to let way too many people play than they can handle. this way, next year there wont be as many people due to the bad rep of this year's game.

saturation point springs instantly to mind. not enough organisers and too many players.

Armadyllo

Errrrr.. mm
Apr 17, 2002
SoMainland
Visit site
Jack mate...there won't be one if eveyone jumps on the wagon and keeps running them down... I think it's worth taking a bit of the bad with all the good they've done over the last 4 years.

Surely we need to support them to make sure we keep it for next year.. that has got to be the most important thing ...?

Can't be easy trying to please evey baller that wants to go... and it seems the majority appreciated the efforts put in even if it wasn't ideal..

I would feel well crapped off if I tried to put on a good show and it went a 'bit' pear shaped due to reasons out of my control... don't think i'd want to put another one on at all..

But i think you're right... I personally think a capped event of say 400 first come first serve next year would be good... but that's just my opinion I guess.

M

SteveH

May 2, 2005
In a house
Visit site
Someone at some point in every game finds something that they don't like.... so you either get on with it.... moan like a miserable old git..... or think that if all the organisers suddenly took all the bad comments to heart that there would be no games to go to.

Heres one for anyone that has the balls to organise an event, i say may they keep doing it for a ling time.

Jack Daniels

feckking pissed.....again
funny that ! i dont remember anyone complaining last year. at all !

were you even at this game ???

if not i dont think you should comment. i, along with everyone else who expect a high standard that warped themselves have set have a right to air our comments about an event which in my opinion was NOT worth 45 quid of my hard earned cash to play.

Last year. year before NO problems. And i know that it isnt just me that was disenchanted with the game because as soon as i came back on the forums. i found that everyone else had the same opinion.

the highlight of my weekend was meeting a bunch of great guys in the campsite the night before. and getting drunk. the standard of play the next day was laughable.

I know for a fact that the war of the roses 4 will be a much better day ~!!!!!

SteveH

May 2, 2005
In a house
Visit site
If you have aiming some of those comments at me i say..... read my post again.... pause....... then take another breath and think i am still alive, and is it worth getting steamed up about.

Move onto the next game.

Hopfully without any problems!!!!

EyeFellOva

Ego-Maniac
Dec 7, 2004
Sunny Sheffield!
Visit site
I'm with Jack. The game was a let down. Just read through the Game booklet and see what was missed out. No players party, DVD will have to be paid for, half of the scenario things didn't even happen.

Did warped do this for free? No! They charged £45 a head! For 700 players that's £31,500! I very much doubt all of that was spent on giving us a good day out, so if they're makig THAT much money there shouldn't be these kinds of problems!

I understand some problems were beyond their control, but that doesn't account for the things we were promised that they just didn't do!

We were promised a 7 hour game, worked out more like 5 1/2. We were promised a well thought out scenario, half of the events didn't happen. Adequate water and food were not provided.

The list goes on and I'm not gonna bang on about it all day.

But they didn't do it just for the love of the game. There was a decent cash incentive involved.

There were no refunds offered, there will be no discount on the DVD (which wouldnt've been made without the players) there will be no recompense whatsoever, so why should we give them a break? They did the best they could, but for £45 a head, in my opinion is wasn't good enough.

Some people enjoyed it, some people found it good value for money, and I'm glad they did. But I didn't, and I'm not alone. If the guys at warped can't take criticism, then they shouldn't bother doing another big game, because if it goes anything like the last one, there will be plenty of criticism.