Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Big Game Site Change Announcement

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
On behalf of Warped Paintball I am posting up this announcement. I know theres already a thread, but ive been asked to make this official so everyone knows the score :)

*** URGENT PRESS RELEASE ***

Big Game VENUE update.

As a result of a completely unexpected environmental issue Warped have been forced to move the Big Game site.

A pair of nesting BUZZARDS have moved into the intended Forestry Commission game site and we are forced under Wildlife Protection laws to leave a 400m exclusion zone around the nest in all directions – this absolutely kills the game as you can see in Map 1.

You are probably aware that we have been working hand in hand with the Forestry Commission to stage the game and we had a site meeting with them and other environmentalists on Tuesday.

Jason Maclean, District Forester for the Environment issued the following statement in an open letter the same day:

"To confirm the agreed outcomes of todays meeting. We agree that due to the birds of prey nesting on the site and the exclusion zones required to protect them, the site is no longer viable for this particular event. This is because the exclusion zone would not only limit the amount of land available for use but, also because the entrance track to the site falls within the zone. We agree that you will relocate the event to an alternative Forestry Commission site and that we will provide assistance. I would like to thank Warped Paintball for the positive way in which you have worked with us to find a solution to this problem. I would also like to assure everyone that this unforeseen issue is not only beyond our control, but also a rarity"

Anyway, whilst this is a blow to us logistically (all of the game props are now being moved), it does not affect the game as we have reverted to a previous game site which we felt was unsuitable due to lack of parking and camping facilities – however with the help of Forestry Commission manpower and plant we have solved these problems and have already started work on Wednesday preparing the site to receive the game props... we aint gonna let a couple of birds stop us now guys!!!!

The new site is just as accessible to anyone traveling, being only 20 mins drive from the other site. The game is now located just outside PENKRIDGE and is another virgin (to paintball!!) Forestry Commission site. If you have a hotel booked and cant change it don't worry as you will be able to drive to Penkridge on Sunday morning from wherever you are booked. If you need alternative accommodation closer to the new venue please get in touch - 01902 455455

The game scenario remains based on the FIREBASE theme. A game map and a scenario outline are available at www.warpedsports.com This set-back will impact dispatch of sending the game booklet (as its being re-written right now!!). It will leave us from the middle of next week so everyone who has paid up will have the Game Booklet and Game Ticket one week before the game.

We would like to thank you in advance for your understanding in this issue. We feel this episode further demonstrates to the greater community that the paintball industry, and paintball players, regard working within environmental and wildlife guidelines as an integral part of our sport.

As you can see from the announcement, problems have reared their ugly head. This news was only discovered within the last few days, so please keep calm and dont panic.

The site which is now being used has been purchased by Warped with the view of using it for the BIG GAME, however problems with the staging area and camping held this back.

I have heard the game plan which is being used at the NEW BIG GAME, as it was all thought out and planned well before the Cannock Chase format was.

There are now around about 600 people booked in, with dozens more coming in every day. If you havent booked in, and would like to, you can ring 01902455455 and book there. You will now be asked to pay your full balance as it is so close to the game.

Any questions people, just ask away, and again, start the speculation and arguments.

be prepared, you're gonna love the format of the game!!!!

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
Originally posted by steviecarson
i take it you didnt read mine then
Originally posted by mike from brum
On behalf of Warped Paintball I am posting up this announcement. I know theres already a thread, but ive been asked to make this official so everyone knows the score

xFireflyx

WTF? mate
Sep 5, 2004
Gloucester
Visit site
20 mins away you say anyone want to go hunting saturday night

:p

Anyway is there stil going to be a players party and are we still aloud to camp for the night.

Also the new site doesnt look very.... woody

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
Im not sure on exact details, but there will definitely be a players party I can guarantee that.

Oh and its plenty woody. With a nice river in the middle which could play some part!!! ;)

And Le-pig, you can imagine what Jim's response to finding out some big birds stopped him having his game there would be.