The Home Of European Paintball

Big Purple Dinosaur tortures Iraqi POW's

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
LOL dude you are doing it again.

I really think that the arabic way of thinking is so alien to us westerners we cannot fully understand what problems the US and the UK have caused in the middle east.

Ok so that statement says that do not understand the arabs mind set. Things that do not seem so imortant to us are very important to them.

Add to this Americas support of a corrupt government in Saudi during and after Gulf war 1 and the on going issues in Isreal it is easy to see how many muslims can easily be led into thinking that their religion and way of life is being persecuted

How is this a contradiction to the above statement? I am saying that it is easy for Fundamenalist leaders to persuade the average muslim that the west is threatening their way of life.

Like I said dude I really do not see the point in this. If you give some evidence to your arguments then fine. But I am not gonna spend time having to repeat what I post to because you do not understand what I am posting.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Correct mate, we don't understand their mind-set....... I've noticed a lot of coverage of these cowardly attacks they've made. You know, the ones where they strap 5lbs of C4 to themselves and detonate it at road blocks. Cowards...... a brave man would drop his explosives from 3,000 feet and bugger off at mach 2.

Anyway, you've got two completely different attitudes going head to head. The Arabic: this is god's will, we are correct in our convictions. And the western: hell, those guys wear funny clothes, we gotta be right.

that's what it boils down too....... look at Germany/Japan which country is viewed with greater hostility 50 years after the fact? Japan... weird, considering they came a very poor second to Germany in the attrocity stakes.

I don't think terrorism can ever be justified, going into someone elses country and destroying innocent lives is just plain evil. No matter how high up you drop your bombs from.

Mark790.06

Apr 2, 2003
Florida
Visit site
Originally posted by crom-dubh
LOL dude you are doing it again.
Right. Their way of thinking is so alien that we can't possibly understand them, yet it's easy to see how easily how they can be made to think that way. I stand corrected.
Originally posted by JoseDominguez
You know, the ones where they strap 5lbs of C4 to themselves and detonate it at road blocks. Cowards...... a brave man would drop his explosives from 3,000 feet and bugger off at mach 2.
Good sarcasm, bad analogy.
Anyway, you've got two completely different attitudes going head to head. The Arabic: this is god's will, we are correct in our convictions. And the western: hell, those guys wear funny clothes, we gotta be right.
You're considered a Westerner, right? Is that the way you think?
Why is it wrong for a westerner to be as prejudice as you mention, but not wrong to prejudge westerners as being prejudice?
that's what it boils down too....... look at Germany/Japan which country is viewed with greater hostility 50 years after the fact? Japan... weird, considering they came a very poor second to Germany in the attrocity stakes.
So you're saying Japan is viewed with more hostility, and just who is suppose to view them that way?

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
Well I promised that I would let this drop but if you are gonna misquote me then that just p1sses me off no end.

I did not say that we can not possibly understand them I said that we can not fully understand them. There is a BIG difference.

If you are gonna carry this thread on then please post your opinion with eveidence, not just nitpicking what I say.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Originally posted by Mark790.06
Right. Their way of thinking is so alien that we can't possibly understand them, yet it's easy to see how easily how they can be made to think that way. I stand corrected.

"Good sarcasm, bad analogy."

pointless nitpicking yet again...... what did I get my altitude wrong?

"You're considered a Westerner, right? Is that the way you think?
Why is it wrong for a westerner to be as prejudice as you mention, but not wrong to prejudge westerners as being prejudice?"
Oh, I see, two wrongs do make a right? my bad. I never mentioned prejudice mate, all I was pointing out is that I'm bright enough to realise that we assume we are correct and that our way is the right way (it might be, never said it wasn't), but you've also gotta accept that they are thinking just the same way.

"So you're saying Japan is viewed with more hostility, and just who is suppose to view them that way? "
Well yes, do you disagree? Just look at company buy-outs, not many Japanese buy outs go as smoothly as German take-overs...... Germans are just considered European and there's more bad feeling expressed towards France than either. Japan is still viewed with open hostility in a lot of areas........ it's just racism and Germans aren't considered a different race (except by the odd supremecist). You can argue the point mate, but I'd advise you look up some stats first.

And look, I'm sick of this good sarcasm, bad anology etc.....crap...... all it achieves is making you look desparate..... checking grammatical errors and pulling up on irrelevant facts..... are you that desperate to make a point?

Mark790.06

Apr 2, 2003
Florida
Visit site
Since the point of contention is the source of the problems facing the Arab world, here are a few of my views:
Palestinians-
For decades, Arab governments and the newspapers they control have been pouring gasoline on the fire of Arab resentment toward Israel as a way to deflect attention from their own corrupt and impoverished regimes. No doubt, there are Palestinians with serious and legitimate grievances against Israel (and vice versa) but Arabs in Syria, Egypt, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, etc., who have no plans ever to visit historic Palestine, have no relatives there, and, were it not for the presence of Jews there, would not care about the plight of the Palestinians at all, have been convinced that their problems can be attributed to the oppression of the Palestinians. The Palestinians are the Sudenten Germans for any number of dictatorial regimes, beginning with the former Iraq.
Economic-
The Arab world is a basket case, economically and politically (morality we can debate another day). One handy statistic: If you subtract oil, the total exports of the Arab world - i.e., the 500 million people comprising all of North Africa and the Middle East, minus Israel - amount to less than those of Finland: a country with one fiftieth the population. So convinced that some outside force - imperialists, Jews, oil companies, America, the CIA - is responsible for the failings of their once-great civilization, Arabs cannot handle any blow to their self-esteem. It's not so much dead Arabs which grates on their psyche but, the sting to their pride which comes when non-Muslim, non-Arabs do the killing.
Lost Greatness and their remedies-
For over a century, Muslims have been trying to account for what they regard as a disaster of near-cosmic proportions: Arabdom's alarming and precipitous decline. How can it be, they ask themselves, that the Arabs, despite the self-evident superiority of their religion and culture, have been overtaken and humiliated by the once-barbarous Christians and — even more embarrassingly — by the despised and dispersed Jews?
For a while, the two most widely accepted Middle Eastern answers were Nasserism and Islamism. Nasserists believed that the Arab predicament was the result of political disunity and technological backwardness. Thus, if the Arabs set aside their political differences and united in a single state under a modernizing dictator, such as Egypt's Nasser, they would once again become a force to be reckoned with.
Islamists, on the other hand, argued that the Arabs' decline is Allah's punishment for their having abandoned the straight-and-narrow path laid out in Islamic law. Only when corrupt Arab governments — both secular and nominally religious — are replaced by truly Islamic regimes will Arab glory be renewed.
Nasserism is largely discredited. Not only did Nasser's Egypt suffer an ignominious defeat at the hands of Israel in the 1967 Six-Day War, but also present day Egypt, despite $2 billion in annual U.S aid, is in economic shambles. Nasserists had their historic chance — and they blew it. By contrast, the Islamists had their chance in the wake of the 1979 Soviet invasion of Afghanistan — and to everyone's astonishment, they won. A handful of vastly outgunned jihadists brought the fearsome Red Army to its knees. So having defeated one Superpower, Islamists reason, they have only to defeat the last one (America), and the whole world will be theirs.

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
A very interesting read there dude. But I have already read that at National review online. And since it is a jewish journalist that wrote that I would say that the piece would be rather biased.

Mark790.06

Apr 2, 2003
Florida
Visit site
Oh, I see, two wrongs do make a right? my bad. I never mentioned prejudice mate, all I was pointing out is that I'm bright enough to realise that we assume we are correct and that our way is the right way (it might be, never said it wasn't), but you've also gotta accept that they are thinking just the same way.
WTF are you talking about! It would be a prejudice to assume that someone who wears funny clothes is always wrong. Just as it is ALSO considered a prejudice to assign that school of thought on an entire hemisphere. IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU MENTIONED THE ACTUAL WORD!!!!!!
Just look at company buy-outs, not many Japanese buy outs go as smoothly as German take-overs...... Germans are just considered European and there's more bad feeling expressed towards France than either. Japan is still viewed with open hostility in a lot of areas........ it's just racism and Germans aren't considered a different race (except by the odd supremecist). You can argue the point mate, but I'd advise you look up some stats first.
There are people who live in the West who are racist. Their are people who live in the East who are racist. This is suppose to explain what?
And look, I'm sick of this good sarcasm, bad anology etc.....crap......all it achieves is making you look desparate..... checking grammatical errors and pulling up on irrelevant facts..... are you that desperate to make a point?
Did I ever respond with it before? Didn't know it would make you so ill, so quickly. Did you actually expect a reasonable response to such a ridiculous comparison?

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
Look Mark all you are doing is picking holes in the arguments that people are posting, without letting us know what your views are.

This thread will be closed very soon if it carries on the way it is, which would be a shame.

The best way to do this is for one person to air their opinions on the subject then someone else can agree or disagree by posting up their side to the story.
It keeps it more civil that way