Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Blackpool 2 years ago!

Feb 6, 2010
If you dont mind answering this Mark ?? Would be interested to know

To be honest, I am not sure where to start - If you are asking how many teams would have needed to play the Blakpool event to cover the costs of setting it up, running it and taking it down then it would not be far off the current number of teams competing at the CPPS.

But, that was not the point - It served a purpose greater than just a tournament as it was also to promote our ability (Balls Out Promotions) to put on a decent event, deliver what we say we will, promote oursleves etc etc and as such there was an 'investment' made to acheive this.

IF we were to do something similar then I expect the costs to put on an event of this nature would reduce, due to lessons learned etc etc but would still be reasonably significant depending on the venue.

Last year I had the opportunity to put on a showcase event at Silverstone during the Grand Prix weekend but costs meant we could not invest in improving the CPPS facility and series and do this. Investment on improving the CPPS is currently key for us and we have significant plans to do this.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying no, I'm just saying that developing the best tournament series in the UK (and hopefully Europe) is our primary goal

From a purely personal perspective (and I hope those that know me, know I am a reasonably balanced person), Having invested the time, effort and money to put Blackpool on, I was surprised and dissapointed at the lack of interest from the teams to showcase themselves and represent their sponsors at this event. This is always a nagging worry at the back of my mind whhen considering doing it again.

Rest assured, if and when we are in a position to do something like it again then we will but not unless it is right for everyone and does not compromise what we are trying to do with the CPPS. Right now we walk a fine line between giving you guys the best value for money we can and being able to operate a business that is not a money vampire!

I appreciate the questions and am happy to answer any you may have

M

platoongod

Platinum Member
Apr 24, 2008
North Wales, Bangor
To be honest, I am not sure where to start - If you are asking how many teams would have needed to play the Blakpool event to cover the costs of setting it up, running it and taking it down then it would not be far off the current number of teams competing at the CPPS.

But, that was not the point - It served a purpose greater than just a tournament as it was also to promote our ability (Balls Out Promotions) to put on a decent event, deliver what we say we will, promote oursleves etc etc and as such there was an 'investment' made to acheive this.

IF we were to do something similar then I expect the costs to put on an event of this nature would reduce, due to lessons learned etc etc but would still be reasonably significant depending on the venue.

Last year I had the opportunity to put on a showcase event at Silverstone during the Grand Prix weekend but costs meant we could not invest in improving the CPPS facility and series and do this. Investment on improving the CPPS is currently key for us and we have significant plans to do this.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying no, I'm just saying that developing the best tournament series in the UK (and hopefully Europe) is our primary goal

From a purely personal perspective (and I hope those that know me, know I am a reasonably balanced person), Having invested the time, effort and money to put Blackpool on, I was surprised and dissapointed at the lack of interest from the teams to showcase themselves and represent their sponsors at this event. This is always a nagging worry at the back of my mind whhen considering doing it again.

Rest assured, if and when we are in a position to do something like it again then we will but not unless it is right for everyone and does not compromise what we are trying to do with the CPPS. Right now we walk a fine line between giving you guys the best value for money we can and being able to operate a business that is not a money vampire!

I appreciate the questions and am happy to answer any you may have

M
Having attended CPPS for the first time since 2008 when i last entered a warm up event on the old site, think it was called MCPS warm up (or something along those lines) so having not been to the site since then, i was genuinely flabbergasted at the sheer size of the event and how well it was all run, Yes there was the odd hick up and fields running late, but hey when teams dont turn up to fields on time it happens, i was genuinely impressed by the event, so i would say you are on the right tracks of making it the best in europe, i even said to my partner who was there also "i think this looks better than campaign" :) , thank you for the hard work you guys put in, because of that we all have a excellent tournament series we can play and not break the bank.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I'd echo this sentiment, while the event was superb it deserved a much larger attendance. Out of the whole of the UK and Ireland only what 7 or 8 teams showed??

I still enjoyed the event but it reminded me of the constant apathetic attitude throughout most of UK paintball.

If there was an event at Silverstone I'd bring a team over for that.

G

Gassy

I'd echo this sentiment, while the event was superb it deserved a much larger attendance. Out of the whole of the UK and Ireland only what 7 or 8 teams showed??

I still enjoyed the event but it reminded me of the constant apathetic attitude throughout most of UK paintball.

If there was an event at Silverstone I'd bring a team over for that.
and his mother-in-law :p

foster90

No Sacrifice, No Victory
Jun 3, 2008
Manchester
Jonathan - shhhhhhhhhhh

This event for me and everyone on my team was one of the greatest events we have ever played, It also helps that we won the event !!, Just everything about it was amazing !!

Yeah Disruption Blue
Best event ever plus I shot you out stoney when you were in the back corner! I'll cherish the moment as I'll probably never do it again haha

Blackpool Ballin on the Beach FTW!!

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Best event ever plus I shot you out stoney when you were in the back corner! I'll cherish the moment as I'll probably never do it again haha

Blackpool Ballin on the Beach FTW!!
I shot half of So Manc out, including Tommy Webb.

Mind you, he was talking at the time. Very unusual for Tommy.