Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Blowback problem

Inferno

Paintball Addict
I've had this pesky problem for a while now and was hoping you guys could help me out. I have an Inferno Heat with a aftermarket diffuser, and a gas-through grip. It shoots compressed air from a 3000 psi tank. Whenever I try to rapid fire, the bolt does not blow back fast enough, it lags, then uncocks. This is quite a pain when you have the perfect opportunity and the gun decides to uncock after the third shot. I've lived with the problem since I bought the gun new, but I am beginning to get pissed . If you have any ideas please post them. And don't tell me to get an Autococker, since I haven't gotten quite that comfortable with fixing my own gun problems. When I get proficient at it I'll be getting one, though:D.

Thanks,
Carlos

Inferno

Paintball Addict
Trial and error

Buddha, you got me thinking about the air instead of the gun. My tank does not have adjustable output pressure, so I took off the gas thru and stainless line, and connected the tank directly to the vertical adapter. It worked fine :D . It looks like the line was too long. My buddy has the same length line on his Dark Raider, so i didn't even think of it. I guess it needed more pressure than the tank could keep up with. Thanks for getting me on the right track(I took the whole gun apart and switched all the o-rings) :confused: .
Carlos

vantrepes

The voices say I'm normal
Jul 28, 2001
Ontario, NY
moodypaintball.site88.net
The line being long or short couldn't cause your problem. More air line actualy means more volume for the valve to draw from, and that means there is less pressure drop with each shot. All that makes it easier for your reg to keep up with the demands of the gun. Take a close look at the grip, and the old hose, I'll bet there is something choking off the flow of gas to the gun. A dirty filter can also cause the same problem.

C

Cerberus

Field Infernos

Don't know if it has any relevance but when using the the field infernos at Skirmish Nottingham I have experienced the same problem.

Inferno

Paintball Addict
Rubber break

Vantrepes,
I still had the old line laying on the table in my basement, so I checked it out. The outside of the line looked fine, so I split it open to see what happened. The rubber had a break in it. It wasn't big enough to cause the line to bust(maybe the steel braiding helped here), just a flap of rubber big enough to block the air from coming through fast enough. Must have been from me accidently kinking the line.

I appreciate everyone helping me out here, it takes awhile for me to get the hang of diagnosing these problems:D .