Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

"Bonus Ball" solutions

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
Originally posted by KillerOnion
Remove the outlet for relatively safer venting and you get more creative and more destructive methods. Take away bonus balling and you get longer and nastier rants at the refs (Do you want more of THAT?!), fist fights, Portalet bunkerings (where the sh*t really hits the fan, literally), and whatever the players' minds can construct in the time after the game they will have to dwell on all unpunished wrongdoings on the field which ordinarily they would have resolved by just a few more righteously hateful strokes of the trigger...
Problem with that theory.

If you allow bonus balling, you get fist fights, nastier rants and the refs, and all that happy horse dung you talked about. And why? Because the players HAVE NO RECOURSE to pursue!

If a man steals my wallet, I have a legal avenue I can go through to punish the man who stole my wallet. I tell a cop, the cop investigates, and if I'm right I get my wallet back and the man goes to jail. It's not MY JOB to sent the man to jail.

So what gives me the right to exact justice on a paintball field? If a man steals my wallet I do not have the right to beat him to a bloody pulp and kill him. What gives me the right to pass judgement on another player who may or may not be innocent?

Give the players a recourse, and it will stop. GIVE THE PLAYERS some reason to believe that the referees will step in and DO SOMETHING on their behalf, or that they can lobby the refs to do something, and it will stop.

Paintball is a case where the inmates run the asylum. Isn't it time for the authorities in paintball actually DO something, and earn the authority they've been given? While they're at it, they can enforce the rules in the rulebook too, and show that they've got teeth. I wouldn't mind seeing a ref crew that ENFORCED the rules to their fullest extent...

-Tyger