Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bottle to go with a DM11

Vimto

Sterling Paintballs
Oct 30, 2012
Aldershot, Hampshire
Hey Folks, so I've been wondering about bottles a lot recently.

Currently, I'm on a crappy little 3000psi Steely by Pure Energy, which I'm using to power my Dye Dm-11. Brilliant Marker and I have not had ANY issues with it whatsoever. Bought it even though everyone was saying they are crummy and not worth it, got mine for a decent price and not had a single problem with it, I strip it down after every game and its fine, so I don't see what the fuss is about. Anyway, I digress.

Obviously, the bottle only lasts me around 700 shots. I'm after a nice 4.5k tank, which I have narrowed down to 2 different ones that I'm considering. I tend to play mainly woodsball with my team. However, we will be doing a Tourney team as well, and I want to be able to get a tank to suit both needs.

First up is the Guerrilla Air 1.1L 4.5k bottle. Link for reference, on RAP4
http://www.rap4uk.com/Guerrilla-Air-MYTH-68ci-68-4500psi-Carbon-Fiber-Ta-p/ms900pi-1.htm

My mate has one of these, and it feels really light. Its a decently priced bottle, and I think I'd like it if I had one.
Feels very nice on the marker, and £150 on RAP4.

My second choice is a Fuel Ultralight bottle, 1.2L 4.5k. Link for reference, from BZ
http://www.bzpaintball.co.uk/product.php?p=Fuel Ultralight Air System&t=Air Systems

This doesn't come with a reg from BZ, there is the option to add a Ninja Reg to it, and the total is £175.
Now that's really pushing my budget hard, but I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with the bottle?
Its apparently slighty shorter than the Guerrilla tank, but wider, so it tucks in a little more, plus the actual container size is a little bigger, but not really much to shout about.
Another member of my team has a FUEL bottle, not the ultralight, a slightly older bottle, and he's really happy with his.

So having 2 people in the team with the bottles, I'm really stuck for what to get. Obviously I want to be able to last a long time out on the field without heading to the refill station every 10 minutes, but I don't want to break the bank. I'm a student, and the more money this costs me, the more goes out of the fund to go to the Valken Big Game: Fort :unsure:

One last bottle I've considered but not met anyone using it, or read any reviews of, is the GI Sportz bottle,
http://www.bzpaintball.co.uk/product.php?p=G I Sportz 68ci 1.1L 4500psi Air System&t=Air Systems

Like I said, I know nothing about it, its a nice price, but then again the Guerrilla is similar priced...

So I turn to you, fellow paintballers. What is your advice? What do you think of each bottle? And importantly, maybe someone has one of these tanks and wants to sell? If you have a bottle like this, lemme know what you think of it please :LOL:

Cheers!
~Vimto

Marc0

IronWolf
Feb 18, 2004
Sleeping in Bracknell.
www.p8ntballer.com
I picked up my new GI Sports bottle and reg today, nice and light compared to my existing Dye Throttle and Pure Energy systems, adjustable reg output ( if you need it ), reg is serviceable and has a two year guarantee.

Give LiPS a call for pricing.

Last edited:

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
My advise would be buy the one that suits your budget and go out to play. Modern bottles and regs are very good quality nowadays, all with good recharge rates, you wont go wrong with either.
Dimensions and length may vary slightly between the makes, most markers have an adjustable ASA which can be tweaked to suit.
Having an adjustable output pressure is a bonus, although most markers will happily run on either LP/HP, with a few exceptions.

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Thanks for the advice, NitroBall. What air system do you use? I think I'm more inclined to the Guerrilla tank, as I've had more experience with it than the other 2.
At present i have 2 x Guerilla tanks, one with its originally Myth 2 reg, the other having swopped out for a Ninja reg (adjustable output pressure)
Never had a problem with either.