Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bunkering/mugging blocks

Inferno

Paintball Addict
Say you're in an unfortunate spot and you've been spotted by the opposition. When your opponent goes for the mug, which method do you use to keep him from being successful? I always have the desire to run around the opposite side of the bunker behind him, but if there is any else on the field, your ass is getting shot out. Do you try to put as much paint on them as possible knowing that your screwed anyway, or press into the side of your bunker to minimize yourself and get a good shot on them before they open up?

Simon Malone

Nov 30, 2001
Hook, Hants
www.nspl.co.uk
I was always told if I was going to get bunkered to try and get as far under the bag as possible. However this only works on sup'air, unless you start taking a shovel and large cup of coffee into the woods with you :D

I guess if I couldn't do that i'd come out and open up on him. If he's going to do you, you might as well try and return the favour;)

Laters

Walker (Nitro)

Who's Maria?
Jul 8, 2001
SoNotts
Thing is, with todays marshalling, they dont care if you hit them first, they are blind and cant see that.....(no resentment to the millenium marshalls at all!!!), seriously though, you are more than likely to be both called out to avoid further arguments

Chris

MarkehB

www.markehb.com
I suprise them. How do I do this? Well I go into the field with a hundred pods stuffed into my pack and clothes and build a small fort around my bunker. When the round run i'm there ready hiding behind my battlements with just my barrel sticking out.

Hasn't failed me yet

;)

SYTRAXZ

Sytraxz Graphics inc.
Feb 18, 2002
New York
hmmmmm

i havnt tryed it yet but if i got bunkered id refuse to surrender but ive heard storys of people doing that and getting shot point blank like 5 times..........:eek: lol ouch but o well i guess id try to run to the closest bunker befor they got to you and keep mpvog around to avoid bunkering

Mysteriousmoose

The moose you never see
Jan 18, 2002
Tallahassee Florida
Visit site
hmmmmm

Originally posted by SYTRAXZ
i havnt tryed it yet but if i got bunkered id refuse to surrender but ive heard storys of people doing that and getting shot point blank like 5 times..........:eek: lol ouch but o well i guess id try to run to the closest bunker befor they got to you and keep mpvog around to avoid bunkering
Thats kinda the point of a bunkering dude... You should check up on the newbie forum

Tough one this, i am assuming you know the players is coming for you, and where he is coming from.

A mugger will usually run directly to your bunker, and (if he has any sense) wont be shooting at you, this gives you a big advantage that can be worked on.

Firstly act fast, every second you waste brings the mugger closer, pop out and in, after firing a string of balls while keeping your profile as small as possible to avoid being shot by the muggers back men. Since the guy is running straight at you, you should have no trouble hitting the runner, and your paint should easily break on him.
The problem, as people have already pointed out is that the player will probably go through with the mug anyway, be it as a result of adrenaline (always my excuse), or that he knows he can acheive his goal anyway.
This type of practice is very hard to marshall so you need to let the marshall know he was hit first, and if that means you have to paint the mugger with half a hopper of diablo then so be it.
After all, he was the one who got up and started running at you, what does he expect??

kris

yarbles
Jan 10, 2002
Just SoManc
Take a guess on what side
and start firing across at an angle
that way the back players can't shoot you out but the guy will run straight into you paint
problem is only covers one side so you have to have luck on your side:rolleyes:
If your back guys are still in then you shouldn't have to worry about it. Its your back players job to stop that happening!

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Hrm, well, being a back player I don't have to repel muggings that often, but when I do I find the best way is to have some good ears and listen for tips that a bunkering is coming. The most obvious one is hearing a guy running. No one tiptoes like a ballerina when they have a homicidal adrenalin rush from hell going through their head and they're zoned in on nailing you into the ground. A nice quick snapshot to the face when you figure he's about halfway towards you is what you want to be able to do. If you can't, then turn your body away from where you expect it to come, point your barrel in such a way as that the guy has to cross your line of fire before he can get you, and attempt to summon the fastest reflexes known to man. Yeah, a fair bit of the time the ref's going to call it a mutual anyway, but if they're close to you and you're one of the few left, chances are they're paying close enough attention to discern when and if you get the guy first, so it's worth a try. It is one heck of an impressive feat when you succeed that few will soon forget.