Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

C02-Air

Morter

Jul 31, 2002
Bristol
Which is better, or is it down to induvidual preference?
WHich lasts longer, or does it depend which gun you use?

ciaran.mooney

Ich bin ein Berliner!
There are loads of thread on this purpose, a little searching does nowone any harm.

But I'll tell you anyway.

The big difference between air and Co2 is that air is compressed air, that is regulated from 3000 or 4500psi to 800psi but Co2 is liquid Co2 that is held at pressure, and expands to create the gas your marker runs on.

Most people consider air to be better because it is very concistant and isnt affected by temperature, like co2 is. Also its a lot cleaner, a lot of dirt and grime can get into Co2 and so gets into your marker and clogs it up.

Though a lot of people use Co2 on markers like the matrix and shocker because it gives a lot more shots per fill than air.

Co2 will give a lot more shots when compared to an air system of equal size, because of the fact it's a liquid. But there are some very large air systems that can give just as many shots, but they are quite combersome.

In the long run people prefer to use air because of its concistancy (sp?) which can be read as increased accuracy.

le-pig

the brotherhood
May 16, 2002
isle of man
Visit site
air is a cleaner gas and more consistant than co2 but the bottles+fill rigs cost a lot more
consumption is down to the marker:D
bugger u beet me to it:rolleyes:

ciaran.mooney

Ich bin ein Berliner!
Initial cost, co2 is a lot cheaper, air is quite expensive. After that the fills for air a usually more expensive, dunno why seems to me its harder to get co2, then make it into a liquid than it is to compress some air.

Sorry sidetracked.

Air will usually cost a wee bit more, but you get what you pay for. Also not many sites offer air fills, Co2 is universal, and if they do offer air fills its usually only to 3000psi (if that, the stingy *******s).

yeh pissed 1 finger typing is nearly slower than i can run
I can touch type :D:p

le-pig

the brotherhood
May 16, 2002
isle of man
Visit site
have u seen how much it costs for the commpresers,where as co2 is bought from big companys thats why co2 is cheaper

Originally posted by ciaran.mooney
Initial cost, co2 is a lot cheaper, air is quite expensive. After that the fills for air a usually more expensive, dunno why seems to me its harder to get co2, then make it into a liquid than it is to compress some air.

Sorry sidetracked.

Air will usually cost a wee bit more, but you get what you pay for. Also not many sites offer air fills, Co2 is universal, and if they do offer air fills its usually only to 3000psi (if that, the stingy *******s).

I can touch type :D:p
smart arse:p