Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Camera Advice

Feb 14, 2012
Also, another good one, the panasonic fz150 is one of the better cameras out there at the moment, up to £400 new. Bridge camera, and before people ridicule them, they dont need an interchangable lens, they are mid range, aimed at the mid range user, and they can therefore have a do it all lens. And, the fz150 is excellent for filming. better than alot of camcorders.

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
Congratulations. . well done on that one.
Thanks for that totally useless piece of information though.

I dont know what your trying to say.
Ie: It's NOT a micro four thirds camera. It doesn't use a micro four thirds lens fitting or a micro four thirds sensor. It has an APS-C sized sensor and is limited ONLY to the lenses that Sony make for it.

So, congratulations. Well done on that one.

Try not being smarmy to a guy who actually knows about cameras for a living. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: foot
Feb 14, 2012
Ie: It's NOT a micro four thirds camera. It doesn't use a micro four thirds lens fitting or a micro four thirds sensor. It has an APS-C sized sensor and is limited ONLY to the lenses that Sony make for it.

So, congratulations. Well done on that one.

Try not being smarmy to a guy who actually knows about cameras for a living. ;)
Yeah i know its not a micro four thirds sensor size, and i dont need you to tell me that, but its advertised to the masses as what they would know it as being a micro four thirds. i.e a compact, which has interchangable lens' and some cool adjustable settings, so like an slr but smaller. So why would i say, oh yeah buy the nex5, its a half decent aps-c interchangle lens compact camera, where as i could say, buy this one, its almost exactly what your looking for, or in terms that any novice with cameras would understand.
Also another point to make, is that the lens fitting wouldnt rule it out of being a micro four thirds camera, yes they all fit together, but maybe one manufacturer one day might decide they want to limit it.

And try not to point out the obvious to someone who works with the best photographers in the country. And worked in a camera store.

Feb 14, 2012
Any way, it doesnt matter, I was advising this guy, I reccomended some of the best cameras available today, that arnt dslr's like he asked, And i hope he chooses one. I dont wish to argue.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Lesson #1 of how not to be a complete ass-hat on the net: learn to accept corrections with good grace.

Ray kindly pointed out that the Sony Nex wasn't a M4/3 system (which could easily confuse someone with no photography background and potentially lead to them buying an incompatible lens) and rather than thank him you appear to have thrown a hissy fit.

Reactions: Bambulus