Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Campaign Rocked!!!! BUT sadly.............

Campaign Power Marshalling.

I have really been left little option but to reply to the post made by Pinky. I was the field ultimate for the Raven field (field 4) and, on behalf of my team of marshals who all worked their arses off at Campaign (107 games judged), I would like to make a couple of things clear.

Firstly I am highly insulted that teams think that the marshalling we performed was anything but fair. Irrespective of who the team was or where they were from, we marshalled them all the same - hard, fair and to the letter of the rules. To suggest that we are biased against the Wikings and the Ducklings is insulting and cheap. I have never had a problem with either team and have great respect for both sets of players.

Secondly, to Nick, please get your facts right. The judges removed a player for a 1-4-1 and a second player removed himself (incorrectly believing himself to be indicated as the player to be removed). The third player was never removed from the field.

Finally, I believe that we marshaled strictly and very fairly all weekend and I would like to thank the rest of my team for their efforts on 3 very long days work.

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
So Nick B-D

Stick that in yer pipe and smoke it dude.

Rushers beat Ducklings FAIR AND SQUARE. Did I also mention that we beat them FAIR AND SQUARE?

Am I going over the top yet Nick by saying that we beat them FAIR AND SQUARE?

Was it the Rushers who cheated? Did the Rushers player get hit on a forearm, look at the shot, tuck into their bunker and play on?

No, no, no, no and no.

But the Ducklings did - and they are happy about the 1-4-1 decision. And their captain made an error by thinking that he could choose to eliminate himself in a one for one decision - Campaign Power, as the judges, exercised their right to eliminate a player of their choice and not to be bamboozled by a bit of gamesmanship.

Your veiw of the incident is as a Dane, and an ex Ducklings player.

Jeez - some people just cant accept when they get beat.

Mark

Gurney

"The Real Apoc"
Oct 13, 2001
Royston, Herts.
Pinky_81

Originally posted by Mark T, Rushers
Have a quick look at your arm buddy.

Follow it down from the shoulder (the bit at the top that joins your arm onto your body) until you get to the bit that makes it bend - that my freind is your 'elbow'.

Now If you're sitting down right now you are sitting on your 'arse'.

So now you know your arse from your elbow - but then again your post above seems to suggest otherwise.

Mark
That Mr Toye is one of the best repies I have ever seen........kudos to you :p

I think people are just picking out a feew insolated incidents, on the whole I thought the marshalling was superb.....especially on the Draxxus field :p

Nick

I don't really want to get into a full blown arguement with you here as it really accomplishes nothing but the back centre guy was put back in the game (I did it myself). I checked with him that he was ok before releasing him from neutral and nobody moved on him in that time. If he then get shot (which was at least 30 secs later) then I cant really see how I could be to blame for that! I also never implied that you thought we were biased, I know you are way above that, that comment was purely aimed at Pinky - apologies if you thought it aimed at you.

I have nothing else to say on this matter.

Magued

Jul 10, 2001
Visit site
Stop it please..

Its a big difference with reffs doing misstakes and reffs being baised. Stop mixing this 2 things.
As for Campaign Powers reffing I thought they did a brilliant job.

Magued

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
As ever I spent a lot of time on the fields again at Campaign. I thought Campaign Power did a great job and were not against making tough calls against top teams. On several occassions I was impressed by the decisions they made.

Only one one occasion did I think a player trying to hide a hit should have been 1-4-1'd instead of just eliminated, but considering the tough calls they made against the very TOP teams, I thought they were great. I also though Bad Company and Banzai's marshalled exceptionally well.

Rushers played a storming event. I honestly think they are the UK's best hope and if the team keeps developing as it is, they are going to be the force to reckon with from UK paintball (as if they aren't already!)

Bowen and Colby ruled up front. I watched Colby play some really great paintball and was impressed by his decision making and insight.

I'm expecting even greater to come from these guys.

manike

p.s. Anyone notice how my bet in the Amature division actually won the series? Well done Hardcore! Rushers to take it next year :)

p.p.s. Beard or anyone from Campaign can you please send me the Series scores urgently :)

Glorykid

The One and Only
Jul 9, 2002
MK
Nick brocoli dwarf

nick yes that was me, see i could have been accused of cheating coz i was playing for the other SADS team, But Joy division players and captain all agreed to me taking photo's before i went on.
4 players in the tipee was nuts.( cover shot plz next PGI)

why u seen it

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
Nick

I understand what you're saying about fair and square - but in this instance all was fair - the second player (the extra one if you want) eliminated himself - CP didnt do that.

And as Andy says - the third one was put back in - I know cos it took another loader from me at least before he walked - i can shoot a loader empty quickly - but not that quick - so 30 seconds (maybe more) is fair.

But then we both have tinted views about the game - I am happy that there is concensus that CP had no agenda and the two teams played hard and fair (incident aside).

Ducklings have whooped our arses bad before (100-0 at Mayhem 2001) and we have beaten them before - thats sport for you!!

Mark