Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

carbon fiber boomstick

i know lump, id be more impressed if the tip was also CF, but with it being a standard UL tip (as far as i can tell) it seems to have lost its charm
This would negate the hardwearing SS though. If the Tip deteriated over time (as carbon fibre barrels do) then the complex barrel back would be pointless. The back is also 1" longer than standard which has been proved to help efficiency on all tested guns.

The UL tip on the CF boomstick is a smoother styled version of the standard UL. I think it looks slick :cool:

blinket

Mar 3, 2009
i played with one of the original boomsticks for a while and they were great, only changed to an UL because of the weight differene but, il test one out f i can find someone with one and if its impressive then i may go for it but, it better be something very special for the price tag

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
It isnt an Aluminium wrapped back Lump, it is Stanless Steel like the original Boomstick.

You guys are missing the point of the barrel IMO...

It isnt all about the weight, even though it is our lightest barrel to date. It is the fact that you can hone Stainless Steel finer than Alu (so is smoother), and it is much harder wearing than Alu (so will stay in perfect shooting condition for years).

That coupled with the lightweight CF is an industry first. The processes, time to manufacture and materials involved are why it is more expensive than a UL barrel.

Hope that helps explain it further,

Tommy
didnt know that, as it hadnt been said ;) so what would be a price on the full barrel kit ? 3 backs 2 fronts ?

The original boomstick was perfection....smooth and accurate as hell and if all else failed you could beat a team to death with it and use it to dig a shallow grave without worry. Im looking forward to trying one of these out.
Haha! :)

Is that a response to changing marker technology or did dye drop the ball testing wise when they developed the boomstick initially?
Considering that the boomstick and UL barrels have been winning tournaments for over a decade, and DYE as a company was founded on it's capabilities; i'd say they didnt drop the ball on it at all. I think as trends change and with more emphasis now put onto air efficiency with gun technology, it made sense for them when redesigning the barrel to look at it again from the ground up.

didnt know that, as it hadnt been said ;) so what would be a price on the full barrel kit ? 3 backs 2 fronts ?
I said in post#12 in this thread what it was made of. There isn’t a kit Lump. Each barrel is 1 tip and 1 front.

I hope you guys like how they feel and perform. I’m sure with the price of £104.95 they aren’t going to be affordable or suitable for everyone, but that is to be expected with new top of the line technology right?

All the best,

Tommy

Haha! :)

Considering that the boomstick and UL barrels have been winning tournaments for over a decade, and DYE as a company was founded on it's capabilities; i'd say they didnt drop the ball on it at all. I think as trends change and with more emphasis now put onto air efficiency with gun technology, it made sense for them when redesigning the barrel to look at it again from the ground up.

[/FONT]
Drop the ball was a bad choice of words.
Im just trying to get my head around the reasoning for the change after such a long successful run.

My other question would be: If you make the back another inch longer, does it get even more efficient?